Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I read a comment that there was excess MY13 stock/builds, however everything I see on Pistonheads/Autotrader for 3.0 S-Line Plus/Special edition seem to be pre-facelift....

I might be tempted to pick up an S-Line plus if one was pre-built with more or less the spec I want, but I don't see any showing dynamic steering etc? Now that it seems more or less fact that SQ5 is build around May, I might just go for that instead?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've just done a deal. They can do it in two ways, order the spec on paper and post it off (10 - 12 weeks) or catch one in the queue with nearly the right spec and if possible alter it to your spec.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just done a deal. They can do it in two ways, order the spec on paper and post it off (10 - 12 weeks) or catch one in the queue with nearly the right spec and if possible alter it to your spec.
Ahh OK, that's how it works. I was assuming that there were a load of dealer pre-reg cars knocking around, not ones in the system... significant discount or not? Seems to be 10% on a new build is more or less achievable anyway?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's very interesting..
thanks for the link

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
np, i know for sure that is not the "full" list of cars available on Audi Desktop and usually the Q5 has many more pages than that showing - but these seem to be the ones they are wanting to move if that makes sense.

All plus models by the looks of things.
You should get a good deal if you can find one to your spec or are willing to compromise.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I noted on the ex-demo page there is one with 8888 miles (assume that is just a placeholder) that is S-Line plus and black edition.. now this is on trader and pistonhead for 44k, but looks like a pre-facelift to me....

I also never see any cars with dynamic steering/damper control either. This would be on my list as well as a flat bottomed steering wheel, but everything else I want is already on an S-Line plus

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think that Audinow is actually Ridgeway garages who have Audi Dealerships in Oxford, Newbury etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can I ask if you had to pay much of a deposit? Or did you have to take Audi finance to get the deal. Pm me if you want.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that Audinow is actually Ridgeway garages who have Audi Dealerships in Oxford, Newbury etc.
Yeah you are right. They knocked off a whopping £500 of the price of the pre-facelift 3.0l S-Line Plus up for £44.5k.... I can get a 10% discount on a brand new build to my exact spec that is only 1k more (and isn't an ex-demo with ~8k miles)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Not much i can do about that, you could call and complain - but so what? Doesn't really mean anything other than poor website maintenance.
End of the day Audi have LOTS of excess MY13 Q5 stock around - go in an sit with your local dealer and go through Audi Desktop.
12% discount will be more than achievable on a new factory order, i'd be looking for even more for a stock car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not much i can do about that, you could call and complain - but so what? Doesn't really mean anything other than poor website maintenance.
End of the day Audi have LOTS of excess MY13 Q5 stock around - go in an sit with your local dealer and go through Audi Desktop.
12% discount will be more than achievable on a new factory order, i'd be looking for even more for a stock car.
Just pointing out it was outdated not anything else or discounts or inside knowledge of Audi UK.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Latest update. I discussed with my local dealer a 'discount' for a normal bread and butter Q5 and presented him with the AutoEbid 10% discount with the assumption he would better it given that they take £900 commission... but the 'deal' was £1,300 more.....

So, I am either going to go a fair way away to use another dealer, use a broker, or just go to MB and get a C63 estate on a lease.......

·
Registered
130 Posts
Latest update. I discussed with my local dealer a 'discount' for a normal bread and butter Q5 and presented him with the AutoEbid 10% discount with the assumption he would better it given that they take £900 commission... but the 'deal' was £1,300 more.....

So, I am either going to go a fair way away to use another dealer, use a broker, or just go to MB and get a C63 estate on a lease.......
It's a no brainer to me, if you do not need the economy or 4wd offered by the q5 then get the merc, one if the best sounding engines ever.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My neighbour has done just that - lovely facelifted C63 with 19" in Black metallic with red leather - resale value not an issue as he can just offload it three years down the line if the value is lower than the guaranteed value

·
Banned
801 Posts
Benz GLK-Class competes with the BMW X3, Audi Q5

Mercedes C63 estate comparable to the Audi RS4 Avant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts