Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Apparently Estoril blue is being discontinued across the Audi range in all MY15 cars onwards

Not sure why, but maybe of interest to those with an SQ on order, or thinking about it.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Its just advanced notice, this happens every year - its to make sure dealers know whats happening with customer orders.
When the MY changes doc comes out it will have the replacement info for each option (where applicable).

Colours come and go regularly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool - good intel Snowman!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Shame my dealer didn't no Daytona wasn't available on sq,when I first ordered ,I noticed couple months later on configerator,then went back to query ,and then they realised it was no longer available on that model @ no cost,so had to go 2nd choice black,
í ½í¸„

·
Banned
289 Posts
So, Estoril blue survived in the lineup for about 1 year...

I guess there are several potential reasons for discontinuation:

1. It's not popular
2. There is a protracted availability problem
3. It somehow creates inefficiency in production
4. It is subject to higher than normal levels of warranty claims/issues
5. The Product Manager doesn't like it for some aesthetic reason
6. It costs too much to produce/apply and causes Audi to lose money
7. ??

Still, it means the sight of an Estoril SQ5 will be rare in years to come.

·
Registered
221 Posts
From what I can gather, estoril will only be available on the R8 from now on...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Estoril was only available with SQ cars, and according to the colour survey poll, it was fairly popular. I think it was very close to scuba blue, so that was probably the reason. I am sure a few more new shades will be released for model year 2015.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very disappointing. That was one of the key attractions - a decent blue.
I'll wait to see if there is a replacement blue colour before ordering.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Estoril was only available with SQ cars, and according to the colour survey poll, it was fairly popular. I think it was very close to scuba blue, so that was probably the reason. I am sure a few more new shades will be released for model year 2015.
It was an S/RS colour - I've seen an S3 in it. Per the doc above it has been removed from all the S/RS cars by the look of it (bar the R8 maybe?).

·
Registered
952 Posts
A brighter metallic blue would have tempted me, I didn't go for Estoril because although it can look superb in the right light it can also look very "navy" in normal light which put me off it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had an A4 many years ago in 'Nogaro' blue. That's beautiful bright blue, still available now as a exclusive colour...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I will be interested to see its replacement, and therefore Audi's new 'Signature S colour'

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've seen it before that car manufacturers discontinue the launch colour.

I had it with my Astra coupé I bought in 2001 (which I still own out of sentiment); I bought it in the stunning Capri Yellow launch colour, which was available only the first year

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've seen it before that car manufacturers discontinue the launch colour.

I had it with my Astra coupé I bought in 2001 (which I still own out of sentiment); I bought it in the stunning Capri Yellow launch colour, which was available only the first year

Out of interest is 'Capri Yellow' Flemish for 'Gold'?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Now this is "Capri Yellow"

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I remember reading a debate about this whole colour topic before

1 - 20 of 45 Posts