Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clear coat finish on my SQ5 is extremely soft - the mearest brush of the paint surface leaves a visible scratch. Obviously this is unnaceptable on a £50k car, is going to be formally inspected on Friday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry to hear that John. Paint is clearly an issue. Surprised the dealership didn't notice until your recent visit. I know they mentioned it to you but maybe should have done more.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sorry to hear this. My Glacier White seems quite hard wearing so far - but I did pay for it to be SuperGuarded... Maybe you can have them pay for a similar treatment to solve it?

Mine has had bird muck, flies and tree fall out quite heavily and no problems getting it off and pulling the top coat off along with it.

I will admit I have not tried to scratch it though!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Has anyone seen any issues with Estoril on other models?

·
Registered
348 Posts
this seems to be the most common color, so when this is a structural problem during production more claims will come and you should be able to enforce compensation by Audi (eventually...)

maybe a coating as suggested above might be a good idea, but then you will prevent further investigations by Audi

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry to hear about the soft top coat. Audi must have known about it for a while. I was going to go with the Estoril blue until i spoke to my local detailing company. He told me st stay away from all Audi Crystal type paint- Estoril Blue. I ended up with Glacier white and I know it has a good hard top coat. I was told the Crystal topcoat is softer as it is a more wet look than regular top coat. As I have kids i decided to play it safe again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sq5john,

Nice to see you are a local ;-)

Have you sorted this issue ? Any update on what was causing it & did audi help ?

Kipper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts