Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New member here from Melbourne, just ordered a SQ5 on the weekend. Excited until I heard the delivery date of June. Oh well part of the thrill I suppose.

Added.
  • Sunroof
  • B&O sound
  • Assistance package... for the misses
  • 21" wheels
  • and a few little bits here and there.
Quick question. The brochure and all the images for the 21" wheels state 5-twin-spoke star design in titanium look. My invoice states 21" Audi Excl 7twin star alloys.

Just wondering if anyone here has a pic of them as I have not seen the 7twins anywhere on the SQ5 and I'm not sure why they were added. I am going to go back to the dealer to have a chat, just to see if its a typo and im getting the listed ones as they look mint.

Cheers

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi and welcome.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Welcome. Can't help with the wheels question, sorry.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate, I think it was just a typo as I don't think Audi offer any other 21" wheels for Q5/SQ5.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum Wadsy.

As Ray says above the 7 twin-spoke wheels are 20". The only 21" are the 5 twin-arm.

Interesting that the 7 twin-spoke and Estoril is still available in Oz... They both were discontinued in the UK at the beginning of February.

Check out http://m.audi.com.au/au/mobile/en/models/q5/sq5.rim.gpqfpqf.color.f14_k0k0.cover.msibn3m-f56_____xo.inlay.meih5mk.html?crl_cd=1 for pics...
Thanks for that, I better follow up as I have requested 21's not 7 spoke 20".

The dealer told me I was only able to get the Estoril by a matter of days due to it being discontinued shortly.

Just snuck it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to clarify, are they discontinuing the Estoril?

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update for anyone who cares...

7 spoke was a typo and Estoril Blue is only available to cars manufactured up to week 14. After that Sepang Blue replaces it. Am I right in thinking that this is when the MY15 starts their builds? If so I am getting one of the last MY14's before model change, wonder if I should just get the MY15?

Do we know anything about the MY15 yet? any features or spec changes for this model?

·
Banned
289 Posts
Unless the Estoril blue is a deal-breaker, I would always go with the new MY version. Personally, I would not choose Sepang, but I would compromise with another colour to get the (as yet unknown) MY15 features.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2 more sleeps for my Estoril SQ5, savour the moment after 6 months wait😍. Sad, I know!!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unless the Estoril blue is a deal-breaker, I would always go with the new MY version. Personally, I would not choose Sepang, but I would compromise with another colour to get the (as yet unknown) MY15 features.
Yeah not a fan of the sepang. Yeah I would really like to know what the new features are if any. I get the feeling that no other options really changed, that it will be a small update.

When do features usually get announced?

·
Banned
289 Posts
Well, if week 14 (end March) is the last production week of MY14, the MY15 spec must be known already. Maybe Snow Man can help?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is Sepang definitely replacing Estoril for the SQ5?
I quite like Sepang but I notice Moonlight Blue (which I don't like) has appeared on the configurator.
Any views/sources welcome - I am keen on a blue car but resent paying for an exclusive colour.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nope no confirms about Sepang being a replacement and typically Sepang is an RS colour (RSQ3 for example), I think if you aren't a fan of Estoril or Moonlight the best way to go is Exclusive...we were going to with Daytona Grey but opted out as Lava was similar.

Moonlight blue I think has always been an option as we were considering when buying our SQ too but wanted something with more shades of colours so went Lava

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Moonlight was available along with Estoril when we ordered our SQ5 last year, however salesman was driving a A5 sportback in Moonlight and to me it looked a little dull. All the launch images had been Estoril so it became an easy choice as going down the PTS route would have delayed things

1 - 20 of 22 Posts