Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Stewart here , I think i have a problem with the cooling side of the engine . ie the engine takes a long time to reach operating temperature 5 -6 miles, sometimes longer the engine is the 143 diesel ,has any one else out there thought the same
thanks Stewart

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Hi Stewart here , I think i have a problem with the cooling side of the engine . ie the engine takes a long time to reach operating temperature 5 -6 miles, sometimes longer the engine is the 143 diesel ,has any one else out there thought the same
thanks Stewart
Hi Stewart,

Funny that I find the exact opposite true - I don't think I have ever had a car that warms up so quickly and that includes petrols with alloy engines. Not sure if the auxiliary heater makes much difference but she is getting warm within half a mile or so - well impressed. I have the 170 but I can't see that making that much difference.

Kev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there
My 12 plate 143 bhp was not reaching 90 deg running temp either and when sopped at lights with the stop start disabled the temp would start to drop. If it did reach 90 it took about 20 miles driving at 45 mph ave. put into Audi 4 weeks ago and they issued a tech bulletin saying this was normal at temps under 5 deg c. It was down to the cooling efficiency of the engine and also advised to keep the climate set at 22 deg c as it states in the manual. Above 5 deg it works fine and reaches 90 deg after approx 9 to 10 miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts