Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of determining specification for a future order. I have chosen the 2.0L TDI Sline but would welcome your comments on engine capacity and best choice; 143ps v 170ps.
Also for the seats I was going to specify Leather with Alcantara, any comments. Thanks in advance, Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
I am in the process of determining specification for a future order. I have chosen the 2.0L TDI Sline but would welcome your comments on engine capacity and best choice; 143ps v 170ps.
Also for the seats I was going to specify Leather with Alcantara, any comments. Thanks in advance, Bob
hi robcon,
personally i would go for the 170,i have not driven the 143 but think the 170 has just that little more omph!! went for nappa leather so cant comment on leather choice,nappa is really soft and comfortable

Rich

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi there
we went for the leather/alcantara with contrasting stitching, do not regret it at all. I think it offers slightly more grip than "all" leather, is cool in summer and warm in winter. The heated seats warm up really quickly on the alcantara. I do not know if heated seats and all leather would dry the leather out over a long period (7 years+)

Just my opinion

kc

·
Registered
134 Posts
I HAVE ALREADY ORDERED THE LEATHER/ALCANTARA AS A NO COST OPTION WHICH IS CALLED THE DESIGN PACKAGE IN THE BROCHURE ON MY SE 170 THE REASON FOR THIS WAS THE MILANO LEATHER IS STANDARD ON THE SE BUT YOU ONLY GET THE STANDARD SEATS BUT OPTING FOR THE DESIGN PACKAGE GIVES ME THE SPORTS SEATS WITH ELECTRIC LUMBER SUPPORT I MYSELF THOUGHT THIS WAS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME BUT WITH THE S LINE YOU GET THESE SEATS AS STANDARD BUT I WOULD SAY IT GIVES THE SEATS A MORE SPORTY LOOK INSTEAD OF ALL LEATHER AND I WOULD SAY THE ALCANTARA IS HARDER WEARING AND WILL LOOK BETTER IN THE LONG TERM.

·
Registered
134 Posts
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO FOR THE 170 AS THE 0 TO 60 ON THE 143 IS 11.4 COMPARED TO THE 9.9 ON THE 170

·
Registered
66 Posts
I only drove the 170 Q5 but previously had a 170 TDi A4 Avant and I did drive a 143 in that. They drive about the same but there isn't much put your foot down in a 143 and the Q5 weighs a bit more. The 170 Q5 is no racing machine but it doesn't feel lacking in power at all. I think the 170 is definately the one to go for

My Mk1 TT had all leather and heatd seat, the only issue after 3 years was some creasing showing on the side boslters, nothing from the heat at all, and with a little care (leather treatment every 2-3 months) the seats looked like new otherwise. BUT the mk2 TT had leather alacantra and it was more comfortable in hot and cold weather and looked pretty good too, that said I can't wait for my S Line seats on Wednesday

·
Registered
130 Posts
Definitely get the 170. I have it and feel that even it is quite underpowered (even comparing it to my 118d BMW) especially with the Stronic which seems to try to drive it like a petrol (on the revs instead of on the torque curve- really annoying).

Really this car needs the V6 diesel with it's weight, If I had another I'd definitely go for it.

P.S. DCD please turn off the CAPS LOCK

·
Registered
166 Posts
I also have the 170 (2.0) with Stronic though would have preferred the 3.0 Litre engine and still would ... but I have convinced myself it is cheaper to buy and run the 170.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A work colleague got the 2.0l 170PS because it was an ex demo that he could have straight away and he was quite happy with it.
However when it went in for it's first service he had a 3.0l loan Q5. He reckons on his normal journey of about 70 miles each way the MPG was only 3mpg more in the 3.0l but the performance was loads better.
The following week he part ex'd for a 3.0l

·
Registered
963 Posts
3.0Tdi is lovely to drive and really suits the Stronic.......but then I'm biased. No regrets

·
Registered
147 Posts
3.0TDi is the way to go - no regrets

Sounds awesome as well

By all accounts over varied driving I do not think there is a massive difference in fuel economy

kc

·
Registered
44 Posts
3.0TDi is the way to go - no regrets

Sounds awesome as well

By all accounts over varied driving I do not think there is a massive difference in fuel economy

kc
Have to agree with you Ken, The 3L is a totally different car to the others and hardly thirsty. Deffo go for the 3L if you can run to it.

MartynC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have to agree with you Ken, The 3L is a totally different car to the others and hardly thirsty. Deffo go for the 3L if you can run to it.

MartynC
Agreed. I moved from an Aston V8 and different as the drive is, at least with the 3.0L you feel you are performance vehicle still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts