Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been doing a bit of VCDS-ing and I wanted to try this mod:

Enable Ambient Interior Lighting Control
[Hidden menu] [car] [carmenuoperation] [interior light] Set to 5
[Hidden menu] [car] [cardevicelist] [interior light] Enable
Reset MMI
When I do this, The Ambient Light menu appears in the Car menu of the MMI... however, when I turn on the car to configure, the settings are still grey and do not adjust? I have the interior light pack so I am unsure as to why it isnt working?

Any one with a bit more experience or has done this mod care to enlighten me?

Thanks,

P.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think you are missing one more point to complete (marked):
Adjustable footwell lighting: DavidB8 reports at AudiZine.com (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?346857-DIY-Ambiance-Lighting-%28Full-time-adjustable-foot-lighting%29 ) how to apparently enable adjustable footwell lighting on Audi A4 B8/A5 cars that do not have the adjustment menu enabled as standard. It is done via the hidden menu, see earlier in this article on how to enable and access the hidden menu. For MMI 2G the setting goes: DIAG SETTINGS -> APK 0x01, 0x0B, 0x0C -> Interior lighting (extended). For MMI 3G, go to 09 Cent. Elect., Coding 07, Long Coding Helper, Byte 16, enable bits 0 and 1 (enable front and rear footwell lights). Then in the hidden menu go to car, carmenuoperation, interior light from 0 to 1, then hit return and go to cardevicelist, enable Interior light. Finally reset the MMI (http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/resetmmi.html).

Credits goes to: http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html. I followed exactly this instruction and it work fine for me.​

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I followed the instuctions exactly, however, still no dice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine just stays set where ever I set it to using the MMI dial in the Car menu. If I go back to the menu it is still set to the same setting (it does not auto default to full bright).
I set mine up using only VAG COM settings (I don't have the Nav MMI so no hidden menu)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got this working in my Q5, did ONLY the following, it worked first time:
STEP 1
[09-Cent. Elect] - [Coding 07] - LongCodingHelper Byte 16, Bit 6 = change 0 to 1

STEP 2
Access hidden Menu - car - carmenuoperation - interior light - change setting from 0 to 5
Press return to go back one level;
cardevicelist - check box for interior light
Reset MMI

Note that when you set the ambient lighting on the MMI, it stays set at that level, even after switching the car off. However each time you access the Ambient Lighting menu it defaults to full bright and you need to set it back to your preferred setting. This is normal operation.
I'll give this ago: carmenuoperation - interior light - change setting from 0 to 5 as this differs from the previous posts.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My Q5 comes with the light pack. So, I like to know what we gain with this mod. Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Normally footwell lights are on when the doors are opened or internal lights are switched on manually. With this mod you can keep them on also when headlights are on (e.g. during night) and adjust lighting level via MMI. Just to create the mood :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Normally footwell lights are on when the doors are opened or internal lights are switched on manually. With this mod you can keep them on also when headlights are on (e.g. during night) and adjust lighting level via MMI. Just to create the mood :)
Ok. Thanks for details!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Could not get this to work today on Adamabz's SQ5, got it in the menu but it was greyed out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
550 Posts
From Snow Man's posted on Wilf's Fog Lights as Cornering lights topic:

"Footwell lights is more complicated - you need to go into the boot menu and put on Ambient lights,
controller 09, 07 byte 16, bit 7 - enable the value and set to 4F
you then need to enable the MMI option via carmenuoperation, look for int light and set to 1
then into cardevicelist find int light and set it to on.
reset the MMI system and it should now be on the menu. "

·
Registered
130 Posts
What do you mean by set to 4F, did everything else.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mmmmm?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts