Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone?

On occasion the brake system will partially engage while driving. Apparently, when it happens, all 4 wheels are affected (according to the mechanic). After it happens, if you park the the car and wait 30 minutes, sometimes the problem goes away, BUT... only to return later.

Note: the parking brake button does not light up when the problem happens.

The mechanic suggested we change the ABS Pump system. That was done and the problem happened again about a day and a half later.

Warnings that appear when the problem happens:
  • Parking Brake Malfunction!
  • TPMS Malfunction!
Other warning light indicators that appear :
  • TPMS
  • ABS
  • EPC
  • Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC)
  • Low Tire Pressure

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like a control module malfunctioning. Reading stored fault codes should get you closer to identifying the problem.
Only other time I heard about multiple dash warning lights it turned out to be the battery on it's last legs, a new battery fixed it.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
279 Posts
Please can you provide the Q5 model number and the vehicle age. There are a number of possibilities. It could be the battery condition or it could be a sensor fault where the value is misread.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
Scan the car and get the fault codes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has this happened to anyone?

On occasion the brake system will partially engage while driving. Apparently, when it happens, all 4 wheels are affected (according to the mechanic). After it happens, if you park the the car and wait 30 minutes, sometimes the problem goes away, BUT... only to return later.

Note: the parking brake button does not light up when the problem happens.

The mechanic suggested we change the ABS Pump system. That was done and the problem happened again about a day and a half later.

Warnings that appear when the problem happens:
  • Parking Brake Malfunction!
  • TPMS Malfunction!
Other warning light indicators that appear :
  • TPMS
  • ABS
  • EPC
  • Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC)
  • Low Tire Pressure
I have had this problem happen to me multiple times, the issue is when I bring in my vehicle there is always another sensor or actual malfunction that needs to be repaired. I am now going in for the 3rd time this year for this issue (outside of the 3 other times for major work). I feel like once I hit 10 years with my car EVERYTHING has fallen apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts