Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum so sorry if this question has been asked before....couldn't find the answer via the search engine.

I've recently picked up my new Q5 (love it!) and I want to attach my electronic tag (for automatic tolling) onto the windscreen.

I have the auto rain-sensing wiper option and it says on the tag installation guide that if you have this option you must be careful where you place the tag...and look out for an area with small black dots.

Can't see this area on my Q5 so can I assume it's safe to place it on the glass just behind the mirror as normal?

Thanks,

RocoT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I'll try and help but I have not got my Q5 yet, two weeks to wait, so a bit of a guess.

On my Outlander the sensor is behind the mirror in a sealed unit attached to the wind screen. I have seen it there on other cars, so may be it is also there on the Q5.

You can find out simply by pouring a cup of water onto the screen and seeing when the wipers go.

D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure..the picture they give has the black dots directly behind the rear view mirror. Have yet to try out the previous suggestion but will do at the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts