Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the SQ5 fitted with auto hold electromechanical parking brake i.e. can it be set in auto to apply the brakes every time the car stops or is that part of the hill hold assist

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I haven't worked this out yet - sometimes if i don't apply it, on getting back in it's still not applied, other times it has applied itself. It may be related to if HHA is on or off at the time of leaving the car? I sometimes turn HHA off when parking as it can be annoying when trying to creep slowly to get into a tight space.
Will report back once I have worked out a pattern - but either way you should get HHA - for £60 its a well worth it option and I don't understand why it isn't standard.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As has been said you need HHA. It's true the car sometimes applies the brake but also sometimes it does not. I've not worked out yet how it decides to apply the parking brake but it's far from consistent. If you have HHA the car will not move, even with the engine running and the car in drive until to tell it to move. Saw this demo'd today - very impressive on wet mud!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it on my current car and never use it unless in heavy traffic to rest my foot. Not bothered if its not fitted as applying the brake will light those nice LED's which will make the drivers behind envious...... Result :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure what the fascination is with HHA. I currently have an auto Merc and all you do is apply the brake when you don't want to move or creep. I've never had any issues... Am I missing something???

·
Registered
151 Posts
What ever the setting when you switched off engine, it retains when you next start it.

I also switch off manually when parking, as it can then become a bit of a pain when you want to creep fwd.

ZED

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi folks.today the missus parked car in morning and noticed the electro parking brake indicator remained on once car locked.i havnt noticed this when im driving.was worried the battery might consume all day due to fault but i checked car just now n engine turns on which is good news.anyone had similar issue? Im not sure if this is an expected feature of the brake or whether something is actually at fault with the electronics

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi folks.today the missus parked car in morning and noticed the electro parking brake indicator remained on once car locked.i havnt noticed this when im driving.was worried the battery might consume all day due to fault but i checked car just now n engine turns on which is good news.anyone had similar issue? Im not sure if this is an expected feature of the brake or whether something is actually at fault with the electronics
Its working as its intended.

If I remember correctly the lamp illuminates for about 5 mins or so then goes off. It comes and goes periodically which could be a self check mechanism.

Also if you sit in the car parked up the lamp will illuminate if you do something light pull the visor down and slide back the cover which turns on the mirror vanity lights.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks steppy

·
Registered
503 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts