Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a bit of a problem with this option, I have come back to my car only to find the tailgate open
luckily it has been at work and at my parents house!

All I can think of is that when I put the key on my pocket and sit down it must press the unlock switch in the centre of the key fob - you only have to press it for a second and it starts to open.

If anyone has VAGCOM could they see if there is an option to change the press duration or double click option! I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they said no, but I need that verified.

Hoggy

·
Registered
963 Posts
If it can't be done via vagcom......you could try getting a key pouch from Audi merchandise......should stop the buttons being pushed accidently.

........but having had a look they're not cheap Hoggy
But very nice.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
If it can't be done via vagcom......you could try getting a key pouch from Audi merchandise......should stop the buttons being pushed accidently.

But very nice.
Josh,
you dont mean the leather key case do you?? Hoggy dont do it unless your going to the blue oyster club!! . will have a look on vag com at the weekend if you dont have an answer by then.

Rich

·
Registered
143 Posts

But very nice.
Thanks Josh, those words 'not cheap' have just sent a shiver done me spine again!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No probs,just a quick question do you fully look the vehicle when this has happened?just asking because mine takes a good couple of seconds to respond.Maybe get some looser trousers

Rich
It's when the car is locked, maybe I need to buy some of those M&S elasticated waist trousers

·
Registered
963 Posts
Go on then Rich enlighten me........What's The blue oyster club?

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
I think we should adopt that dress code for the first Q5 Meeting!
I'll bring me leather key ring thing
Go ahead hoggy,we will see you there.not too tight with the trouser's we dont want your back door opening by mistake

Rich

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a bit of a problem with this option, I have come back to my car only to find the tailgate open
luckily it has been at work and at my parents house!

All I can think of is that when I put the key on my pocket and sit down it must press the unlock switch in the centre of the key fob - you only have to press it for a second and it starts to open.

If anyone has VAGCOM could they see if there is an option to change the press duration or double click option! I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they said no, but I need that verified.

Hoggy
Hi Hoggy,
This can't be changed via VAGCOM, but it might be worth trying the spare key for a while to see if that solves the problem....

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm sure I can find you a pair of Chaps Hoggy to accommodate your back door........could be a bit drafty this time of year if you leave the tail open!

Think you need bigger pockets so you can't reach the cash or squash the key

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure I can find you a pair of Chaps Hoggy to accommodate your back door........could be a bit drafty this time of year if you leave the tail open!

Think you need bigger pockets so you can't reach the cash or squash the key
Thanks Josh, I'll give that a miss thanks.

For a disturbing moment I thought you may own a pair of chaps but then I remembered you're into that bondage stuff - sorry vinyl wrap

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hoggy,

Having just retired from my equestrian lifestyle and got rid of the horse. I can indeed supply you with all manner of equestrian equipment.
Having given it up I now realise where all my money was going!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts