Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they available for the Q5, i'd rather the built in type than an add-on system which just hangs on the backs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer advised that they are only available for the Q7. And the amount was kinda absurd in any case. My kids use a portalble dvd player, that they hold on their laps which works of the cigarette lighter. PSP for games.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeh they are expensive! My brochure says the Rear seat entertainment package is ?995 which is effectively 2 dvd players attached to the back of the front seats.

Not that i am thinking of buying one but if you wanted something for games and movies then it would seem an ipad better value for money. I think they come in at about ?400 and can do so much more. Hence I struggle to justify the dvd players at ?1000.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ipad as in the recent apple creation??

·
Registered
124 Posts
I seem to remember the DVD / TV headrests were about ?995 roof mounted or in the headrest for my VW T'reg so guess they would be about the same from Audi.

I agree the "bolt on" to the back of the seat look real tacky

·
Registered
51 Posts
smo said:
ipad as in the recent apple creation??
Yes. I think its released in the UK in April. Plays movies, games, music, internet surfing etc. I personally won't be buying one but for entertaining the kids in the back it might be worth looking at. Although not sure how 'child proof' they will be! You might want to invest in a decent case / skin if giving it to the kids.

The other thing with spending ?1000 via the audi route is that you are stuck with that technology. Say in 3 yrs time it might be that you only buy Blu-Ray DVD's say. Well these won't play in your Audi and there won't be an easy option to upgrade the DVD player to a Blu-ray player (I would guess). At least going with a portable non Audi option you can upgrade and change the format as and when without being stuck with a large investment in potentially 'old technology'.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, im still looking for a nice integrated (or at least decent looking quality) solution for this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts