Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a short drive today to see how the Q5 coped in the snow. Pretty impressed really driving in about 12" of fresh snow with just the standard tyres and snow snowchains etc. Didn't risk going too far as all the main road around me are closed and packed with stranded cars.

It may be a challenge to get anywhere in the next few days.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Did you not try it without the chains first?

Last year I drove in deeper snow than that in the RRS without chains etc without any problems. Would be interesting to know how the Q5 copes before adding the techy stuff?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Went for a short drive today to see how the Q5 coped in the snow. Pretty impressed really driving in about 12" of fresh snow with just the standard tyres and snow snowchains etc. Didn't risk going too far as all the main road around me are closed and packed with stranded cars.

It may be a challenge to get anywhere in the next few days.
I've been out and about in the Scottish Borders the last few days. Just standard tyres but I have to agree, the car showed itself to be incredibly capable in lots of fresh, loose powder. Switching off the traction control as per the manual helped on occasion. Can't wait to get winter tyres on it. If this is global warming I'm going to leave my fridge door open!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should read what i type before posting. I missed out the word without. I had no chains on or anything to help. It was just a standard 3.0 tdi with 18" wheels and standard tyres. I have now ordered some snowsocks today but who knows when the delivery will get through. We have had about 15" of snow todaya nd its snowing heavily again tonight. I guess the roads will all be closed again tomorrow.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sounds good to me

We're still waiting for our snow delivery......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts