Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi SQ5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Drivers side DRL isn't working, when unlocking the car, the lower part flickers on then off with a warning on the dash, obd reader gives a code of 02897... so I'm guessing this is the control module?

How easy/hard is it to fix? I've seen some say you need to remove the front bumper, a job I'm reluctant to do in fear of messing it up.

Also, does anyone know exactly what control module is needed.

Vehicle is a 2014 Audi SQ5 3.0tdi

Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the exact same issue with mine too (same age, same model). I changed the control module myself (can be done without removing bumper) but this was not the faulty part.

I ran it for almost a year until MOT time to get it fixed, as I expected to have to pay for a new headlight which is best part of £1000. The garage did some troubleshooting on it pre MOT and discovered it was the LED module that was faulty and replaced it. Cost of part was about £120 from memory.

That was a bumper off job though

·
Registered
2014 Audi SQ5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the exact same issue with mine too (same age, same model). I changed the control module myself (can be done without removing bumper) but this was not the faulty part.

I ran it for almost a year until MOT time to get it fixed, as I expected to have to pay for a new headlight which is best part of £1000. The garage did some troubleshooting on it pre MOT and discovered it was the LED module that was faulty and replaced it. Cost of part was about £120 from memory.

That was a bumper off job though
Thanks for your reply.... my DRL has decided to repair itself after getting booked into Audi... its randomly just started working again, which is frustrating.... which means it's either a intermittent issue, a glitch in the matrix or gremlins in the lights...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts