Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Q5 for only two weeks and whilst driving the central driver information system displayed "Service" in the position where Radio 2 title is displayed. No other warning icons or messages. On calling up the Service Display, it advises an oil change in c1 Year and a full service in c2 Years. Therefor what does the "Service" message mean? loss of DAB signal?

Anyhelp much appreciated kbjpick

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Service means engine service, sounds like a glitch. if you have VAGCOM check for faults or have your dealer take a look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Kpick.
I had the same message, had it checked out at the dealer (no fault found) and I think I have worked out what it is. It did happen again, I glanced at the DIS and it showed "SERV 1"..... On the main screen this was duplicated! I have DAB B&O option and so I am sure this message referred to a Digital Station weak signal as it deferred to the FM option. Nothing to worry about and I'm glad I found it before I called the dealer again. I'm guessing you have the DAB option as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kpick.
I had the same message, had it checked out at the dealer (no fault found) and I think I have worked out what it is. It did happen again, I glanced at the DIS and it showed "SERV 1"..... On the main screen this was duplicated! I have DAB B&O option and so I am sure this message referred to a Digital Station weak signal as it deferred to the FM option. Nothing to worry about and I'm glad I found it before I called the dealer again. I'm guessing you have the DAB option as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup - I have a DAB system. Never had the message repeat (currently) but I think you are correct. Many thanks for interest from both of you - regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts