Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really enjoying my Q5 177 s tronic, I really love driving it.
The only issue I see is that when in D and with gentle acceleration you seem to get very little at 1k RPM even pushing a bit harder on the accelerator.

Trouble is when I push it to the floor it then gets a boot up its arse and flies. Im finding it very hard to get the inbertween at the moment.

I find myself flicking it into S for pulling of as that seems to solve the problem.

Anyone else had this, or have any tips? This is my first Auto so perhaps im doing something wrong!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Trouble I find is that more often than not it will pull away in 2nd unless you come to a complete standstill

As you say using Sport mode does improve things. I have just learnt not to take any chances. I have had a couple of near misses pulling out into traffic which my previous Tiptronic A3 1.6 petrol would not of had a problem with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
157 Posts
Unfortunately it just appears to be the way VAG TDI's behave. Difficult to drive them smoothly at low rpm and driving around it seems to be limited to accelerating harder. Manual helps a little but it's still there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Steppy has hit the nail on the head, if you're gentle or still moving it will use second. Even if you were stationary it will put an early change up to second which can leave you exposed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Having test driven the 2.0 and 3.0, I noticed the need to rev and decided for the 3.0. Sorry not much help.

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
One of the reasons I chose petrol for my first Q5. I found it so much more responsive from standing start that the 2.0 diesel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been conciously looking out for the gear number now and it your right unless you come to a complete stop it keeps it in 2nd. S seems to do the same but seems to be able to accelerate better in 2nd some how.

Not too happy about this, and not something I noticed on the test drive.

Yes I can use Manual, and yes I can flick it into S at every junction, but what a pain the in the backside.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts