Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought our First Q5 and very pleased with the comfortable air suspension drive that we get. However, need some advise as to which drive mode is best when towing a caravan with air suspension car. We were told to use "Auto Mode" but the caravan is high at the front and looks back heavy although we know it is not. Any advise please

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, I tow a caravan with my Q5 and it sits deal level and tows a treat In auto.

Missile is right, the drive mode should make no difference to the height of the tow ball. You may have an issue with the suspension or the caravan hitch assembly may have been altered.

I will check the height to the top of my tow ball tomorrow and let you know for reference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, I tow a caravan with my Q5 and it sits deal level and tows a treat In auto.

Missile is right, the drive mode should make no difference to the height of the tow ball. You may have an issue with the suspension or the caravan hitch assembly may have been altered.

I will check the height to the top of my tow ball tomorrow and let you know for reference.
T

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Bluebells, sorry for the delay, got chance to fit the tow ball this afternoon, it measures 18 inches from the floor to the top of the ball. Do not have air suspension.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Bluebells, sorry for the delay, got chance to fit the tow ball this afternoon, it measures 18 inches from the floor to the top of the ball. Do not have air suspension.
Thank you so much for your help TGR. Ours is 19 inches so I guess that inch is causing the problem. If we go into off road it heightens the car and Dynamic Drive mode it lowers the car but is heavy on fuel. Will have to compensate for that inch somehow. Apart from that the Q5 is excellent for towing. Thank you once again.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,959 Posts
Surely just use 'individual' mode and select the 'Drive' and 'Suspension' modes etc you want or are best for your caravan?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts