Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
So that was an interesting drive home!

Due to the weather conditions being as they are (orange rain and yellow wind alerts for us down here) and worsening I told my guys to knock off early and get home...

I ended up giving 2 of them a lift (70 mile round trip) as the trains were cancelled and the replacement bus service was all over the shop!

Encountered numerous puddles/floods up to ~10 inches deep - I took a couple of them at reasonable speed (~40mph) as they weren't visible and am glad to say I was highly impressed with the vehicle and tyre performance - I'm running 50% warn Dunlops on 21's, so anyone with newer or winter rubber should be fine!

Also came across 2 downed trees in my carriageway - luckily not right the way across and in spots where you would see them a way off and also see any oncoming traffic.

The worst bit is when you are forced into a puddle at the edge of the road and the water has eroded the tarmac creating rather nasty pot-holes - hit 2 of those on the way, but wheels are all good upon inspection now I'm home and no vibrations so hoping they are still circles!

So anyway, while our Q/SQ5's are certainly suited to this grim weather drive safe and only when absolutely necessary!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Cheers mate you too, keep safe!

Just to add to the crap weather rant, people always ask me why I hate Cayenne Drivers (no offence Jose, I know you were an old one- you must have been an anomaly
). On the train now and as I was walking to Green Park Station in C London some arsehole, in a Cayenne Diesel thought it would be hysterical to accelerate right into a puddle next to me. Here I sit, Briefcase dripping, suit soaked and shirt brown- the other day I was driving on the A3 to pick up the kids, some Cayenne Diesel driver overtakes on inside lane (when I was already going ***mph), theres me in the SQ5 swerving around the shop trying to get back in control. Let's just say I was on that guys arse until he decided to head back to middle lane where he belongs.

Rant Over
Be safe everyone!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Cheers mate you too, keep safe!

Just to add to the crap weather rant, people always ask me why I hate Cayenne Drivers (no offence Jose, I know you were an old one- you must have been an anomaly
). On the train now and as I was walking to Green Park Station in C London some arsehole, in a Cayenne Diesel thought it would be hysterical to accelerate right into a puddle next to me. Here I sit, Briefcase dripping, suit soaked and shirt brown- the other day I was driving on the A3 to pick up the kids, some Cayenne Diesel driver overtakes on inside lane (when I was already going ***mph), theres me in the SQ5 swerving around the shop trying to get back in control. Let's just say I was on that guys arse until he decided to head back to middle lane where he belongs.

Rant Over
Be safe everyone!
No Cayenne for me! Must be thinking of another members previous mistake

That sucks getting soaked though! I would be raging!

Undertaking drives me nuts as well, the only time I lane hog is when there is a queue in front of me all going quicker than the middle lane (although there happens to be a bit of a gap in the middle lane beside me), so no point in moving over as the guy behind you isn't going to make any progress anyway, and yet some tits feel the need to do it, I always accelerate with them so they can't make the undertake - REALLY pisses them off, but where did they think they were gonna go!? I presume they think once the queue clears they will be going quicker than me - WRONG!
That said, if there is nothing in front of me I'm pretty anal about good lane etiquette, mainly as I get so annoying with people sitting in the fast/middle lane when they are not overtaking.
I'm waiting to see how many people actually get a ticket with this new law coming into force recently http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-22770064
On multi-lane roads I would be giving out a ticket every 30-40 miles!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yikes that law doesn't sound too appetising! I'm gonna be in trouble too!

Ah yeah it was Robin's old Cayenne

Haha if it wasn't for this post I would have made a new topic and raged about the weather and Cayenne drivers there, was even tempted to start talking to the guy sitting next to me about it and complain! The family are in for a cranky dad today....

Reactions: José

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hope everyone got home safely.

I did a 320 mile round trip yesterday from London to Cardiff. The weather on the M4 was truly awful. There was so much standing water and the winds were so strong. I can honestly say I have never felt so safe in a car. It clearly helped that I had a new set of boots on the car, but those 21" wheels displace a lot of water very quickly. I felt stuck to the road - the grip was second to none. Overall, it was such a pleasure being in the SQ5 yesterday. I am so glad we opted for this car.

Reactions: José
1 - 5 of 5 Posts