Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im preperation for getting my brand new sparkly Q5, I wanted to see what those who have already gone through first the few months of a new Q5 ownership would say are the key do's and dont's.

Please try to avoid the hilariously obvious "Dont crash it into a tree" ect....!

·
Registered
596 Posts
IMHO
  • Welcome.
  • Avoid tight parking spaces. Large door mirrors (unless retractable) seem to make the car wider than many others...vulnerability to door dings.
  • Large A-pillar can affect fwd / side visibility for some. Guess you'll get used to with time.
  • Enjoy...

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Be very careful with those brushed Al inlays. I can't stress enough how easily they are to ding. It is cosmetic but the smallest of marks seems to draw your eyes like a magnet. Don't use a car wash. As barbyboy said be careful parking. You will regret not specifying rear view camera.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome!

IMHO - drive it as much as you can (and don't worry about things like fuel consumption, tyre wear, servicing costs and taking it down dirty country lanes).

J

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
433 Posts
Best thing is nail it straight from the box, remember you will not be the first one to nail it, don't labour the engine,make sure you get top up oil from the dealership, ( pet hate of mine) the car has 12k on it now and never used a drop

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agree with others comments... pet dislikes;
A pillar blind spot
Seats don't go low enough like in my A5
Air Con controls not easy to use unless I look down to find buttons.... better located in A5
Didn't come with disposable gloves to prevent getting smelly diesel on your skin....... Hyundais come with a box in the glove box!
Hate having to remember to push button to stop the engine cut out each time I get in the car to Drive!!

Getting used to using the reverse camera, never had one before
Bang and Olufsen sound

I hope you enjoy your new Q5 chinman

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hate having to remember to push button to stop the engine cut out each time I get in the car to Drive!!
You can turn it off permanently with vagcom.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Stop/start system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts