Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As per above. My wife is now on her second Q5 and I'm thinking it could do with bigger wheels.

First one had the 20" off road style, which looked good, but proved a nightmare to refurb when she kerbed them. Current one has the 20" standard Sline Plus five spoke. They don't look as good,slightly dissapointed with them.

So anyway, is there anyone that has put the SQ5 21's on a normal Q5? Or any alloy experts that know about offsets and rolling distances.

Stu.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they fit - but if you find the 20s bad to referb the 21s are even worse!
Hello,
Thanks for the reply..

Yes, I thought refurbishing the 21's would be an issue too. They look like a machined and painted finish. Worst case they can be painted all normal silver like I had to do on the first set of 20's when they couldn't match the smoked finish.

I take it this hasn't been done and no one has any pics?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If the good lady has wheel curbing tendencies then choosing 19" wheels rather than 20" would be the cute thing to do - more tyre side wall. My wife's Mini was spec'd with 15" wheels for this very reason.....

Reactions: Snow Man

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Hello,

As per above. My wife is now on her second Q5 and I'm thinking it could do with bigger wheels.

First one had the 20" off road style, which looked good, but proved a nightmare to refurb when she kerbed them. Current one has the 20" standard Sline Plus five spoke. They don't look as good,slightly dissapointed with them.

So anyway, is there anyone that has put the SQ5 21's on a normal Q5? Or any alloy experts that know about offsets and rolling distances.
That silver looks good í ½í¸„
Stu.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the good lady has wheel curbing tendencies then choosing 19" wheels rather than 20" would be the cute thing to do - more tyre side wall. My wife's Mini was spec'd with 15" wheels for this very reason.....
The Q5 looks under wheeled and over bodied on 20's let alone 19's.

4 years ago her first one looked ok on the 20's but the new one just doesn't look as good. I think the design is looking old now and needs something more to help it look fresh. I've seen the 21's on an SQ5 and it did seem to make the stance/shape look a bit better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The silver one is the old one!

See what I mean about the new one not looking as good. Only difference is the colour and wheels. Can't change the colour, hence looking at changing the wheels.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
You hardly ever c any silver q5's around my way,tints always look good against silver 😄

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The Q5 looks under wheeled and over bodied on 20's let alone 19's.

4 years ago her first one looked ok on the 20's but the new one just doesn't look as good. I think the design is looking old now and needs something more to help it look fresh. I've seen the 21's on an SQ5 and it did seem to make the stance/shape look a bit better.
Have to disagree - its an SUV not a hot hatch, the 19s for me are the perfect blend on the Q.
The old s-line 5 spokes are the best alloy design.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Remember the SQ rides lower (30mm I think) so you can't quite replicate the look of SQ even with 21"..though It will help towards

I opted for "off road " 20" at last minute as opposed to standard 5 spoke segment, It was the best spec choice I made.

Is there any chance It's just the design of your current wheels and not the size that Is fuelling your thoughts of going bigger??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi stupot , if you google " alloygaters " these may be the answer I and a few friends have had these fitted and they work great ! Cheers Rugbyman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts