Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi

I have a Q5 SE (01/09/2010) and I have convinced myself that I deserve a new one.

I have visited one dealer and on parting, after telling him that I would be going to other dealers for the best deal I could get he intimated that they would be open to meeting any discounts offered but was somewhat scathing of discount prices I can get from the internet.

I searched this site and there is a thread three years old which speaks of 10% discount - is that possible?

My question is:

1. What's the best discount I can achieve (cash - no finance).

2. Would I get a better discount if I sold privately (dealer said not because my car is one they'd like in their showroom)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reading through some of the posts on this forum I have formed the view that some dealers (sales-people) post on this forum. If that is correct I wondered if any of them would like to offer me their best price for a Q5 S line plus S-tronic in Daytona grey (preferably with heated front seats and folding mirrors but I could live without these items for the right price)?

I'll be paying cash - no finance and my part-ex is a 2010 Q5SE in meteor grey, with extras, 16000 miles, FSH.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Goto drivethedeal.com, put in the model and options and then print it off once you have a price.
Take it to the dealer of your choice and tell him to match it or beat it, else you will order from else where.

if they wont match, you can order online and select a home delivery or to a dealers of your choice.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi,
Ordered the S Line Plus S Tronic in early December and got 10% discount plus Autoglym treatment thrown in. Problem you have is that when you trade in they will probably give you a good price but this reflects in any discount offered on a new car thereafter. Best to sell your car privately and then do a straight cash purchase deal and dont take less than 10% off.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It doesn't normally make a difference to the deal.
The 'trade-in' is the 'trade-in value'. (drivethedeal dont do trade ins) so you can actually get better sometimes than stated on the web with trade-in as the dealer will make money on both ends of the deal that way. Only time this doesn't really work is if the car is something they wont stock, be that age or brand - in that case its normally just the auction value of the car.

All depends.... like most things..

·
Registered
150 Posts
It doesn't normally make a difference to the deal.
The 'trade-in' is the 'trade-in value'. ..
Indeed - I did ask the salesman about what difference it would make (with or without part exchange) and he said no difference stating that they wanted the car on their books.

I am now mulling over the question of doing the rounds of all the local dealers or just giving the first guy a number I am prepapred to pay (list price -10% - trade in value)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone used Autoebid?

Trawling the net they seem to have the best web site offering the best discounts . . . . . "they talk the talk" but do they "walk the walk"?

·
Registered
256 Posts
OrangeWheels offered 8% on a SQ5 (they originally said 10%), though I have yet to double check on this as I'm still deciding what to get and am getting conflicting information on lead times...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
below post here copied from another thread . . . . . .

MrRob, on 01 January 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

I basically put the spec into drive the deal and then went into the local dealer and told them that if they wanted to sell me a Q5 that was the max I was willing to pay. .

Thanks - I've just put the spec in Drive the Deal and it comes up £725 less than Autoebid (unless I missed something in the small print. I'll print them both up and take them to the dealer. I have always tried to abide by the maxim of trying to get a good deal rather than a ball breakin best deal but £725 is difficult to ignore. What I really need is some first hand reports on these companies in terms of their reliability.

(I have another thread running on here on discounts, I'll post this there also so as not to miss anything)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts