Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope the forum can help ..

I've got circa 600 miles under my belt in the new Q5 and loving it. I've noticed the average MPG reading in the DIS jumps about all over the place, changing significantly every few seconds - ON my last journey to work I noticed it range from 25mpg to 65 mpg to15mpg. Often it just presents as a series of dashes " -- -- -- " it seems pretty random.

The "current journey" mpg reading seems fine.

Is the overall average mpg reading something that settles down over time i.e. as I do more miles or is this behaviour a fault? Do I need to reset it, if so how? Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Simon

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Simon I think you have it set on current fuel consumption so its showing what possible MPG is at that time! If you accelerate hard the reading goes down to something like 12 mpg or lower and if going own a hill in a high gear and not using any throttle it will show the ---- lines ie no fuel being used

Use the rocker switch on the end of the right hand stalk to scroll through the computer options and the switch immediately under that stalk resets the computer

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes you can have the DIS on current MPG as you press the throttle pedal, or set it to actual MPG. When you get the ---- means you are out of total range as in 100 MPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both.

So, how do I set things to achieve an ongoing measure of my mpg (or is it only available on a per journey basis?) Apologies - still getting to grips with the different buttons!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2.0 TDI S Tronic

Penny has dropped! - I need to switch to journey computer [2] to track ongoing MPG figures.

·
Registered
529 Posts
2.0 TDI S Tronic

Penny has dropped! - I need to switch to journey computer [2] to track ongoing MPG figures.
Yep all of journey 1 computer reading is current for that day / trip, it resets to zero if you stop and start again after two hours or so. All of the readings in computer 2 is what you are doing or achieving as an on going total until you rest it by using the switch on the bottom of the stork.

Reactions: José

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Without wishing to sound too rude, the manual explains all of this in some detail... I was going to write a full guide to the various options but realised it would be easier to just point you at that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is a screen in the DIS in the green "eco" section that will show you instantaneous fuel consumption and trip average at the same time. Scroll through until you get the screen with the green highlight rather than red (use the button on the bottom of the wiper stalk to find the screen). Now using the button on the end of the wiper stalk scroll through the display options to find the one I mentioned. BTW each screen will stay on the display option you set it for once it's set. The eco screen I mentioned preserves data for up to 2 hours if you stop. After that it decides it's a new trip and starts again. So on a given day you can stop for coffee or fuel and the data will be continuous once you start off again within 2 hours of stopping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts