Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I have bought my 2010 Q5 3.2 about three weeks ago. When the car was delivered, all four wheels were not in the cleanest shape but I didn't care much thinking that I will just clean them. However, after only about 2 days of cleaning the wheels, all four wheels got dark and dirty again..

I've had other cars, not Audi, but never had wheels get dirty this fast..(usually stayed clean for 3months)

and I saw another audi q5,exact same model as mine, near my parking lot today and that also had dirty wheels.. is this supposed to be normal for q5???

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Hi, everyone. I have bought my 2010 Q5 3.2 about three weeks ago. When the car was delivered, all four wheels were not in the cleanest shape but I didn't care much thinking that I will just clean them. However, after only about 2 days of cleaning the wheels, all four wheels got dark and dirty again..

I've had other cars, not Audi, but never had wheels get dirty this fast..(usually stayed clean for 3months)

and I saw another audi q5,exact same model as mine, near my parking lot today and that also had dirty wheels.. is this supposed to be normal for q5???
Hi cathanslee,
There normally is a lot of brake dust for the first few months whilst the brakes are fairly new,if it is a big problem you can always use some rim wax which will help prevent the majority of the dust sticking or change the pads for a part ceramic pad which give off less dust.

rapidcool

1 - 2 of 2 Posts