Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got to say im really disappointed with the design of the rear doors.

When it rains the amount and dirt and crap that builds up on the rear bottom of the inside of the door is really bad.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Dave

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes it is bad they get really dirty but they form part of the wheel arch so no way round it, just have to remember to give it a clean when it car wash day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what im finding. Bit of a poor design fault really as my other cars dont suffer from this. Wonder what its like on a Q7 ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have this issue also but the dirt is only in the first seal and actually not inside, my Discovery 3 was worse than the Audi, I also live up a track. As Bigmac mentions more cleaning, 5 minutes more....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes I get the same problem. Had to use a toothbrush to get small stones out. Guess it is forgive able as I think the quality if the drive is wonderful. Loving it more everyday

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah same here - my wife gets the same in her Golf as well.

If i actually took it off road, I hate to think how much dirt would come up :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Where I live there is always a lot of mud on the roads from farmers driving tractors in and out of wet & muddy fields, you want to see how bad the dirt is on the doors but as said above it doesn't pass the rubber seal and its only a bit of a pain because I have to clean stones out of that groove with a stiff brush. Pretty minor inconvenience though.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
I find a jet wash does the job. Careful not to get water in the car, just spray the edges of the doors.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rear and front, and the crap gets stuck in the plastic groove. You wash the car and when you come to micro fibre the inside of the doors you have to get the sponge out again...... arrrrrrgh!!!
Small price to pay though

·
Registered
84 Posts
The first time I gave mine a clean, I was amazed how dirty the insides of the rear doors were, but as stated, doesn't really pass the seals. It just means the mf cloths get a little more covered when doing the doors and shuts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts