Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals , I'm interested in how much deposits you were asked to put down . I have been asked for £5000 this seems excessive to me as I can't get the car for 10 months .
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It's upto you and the dealer to agree.
Pay as little as possible and make sure its no more than you are prepared to lose if you cancel.

I wouldn't ever pay more the £500

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had a zero deposit, bought a lot of cars off the same dealer, i suppose they knew it would'nt hang around too long if i pulled out,

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Only reason they could justify such a huge deposit would be if you were ordering a spec that they would have trouble selling on if you decided to cancel. Something like an Audi Exclusive pink maybe? If you are ordering a pretty standard spec there is absolutely no justification for such a huge deposit. My dealer knew they could easily sell the spec i ordered at a higher price than I negotiated so I paid no deposit.

·
Registered
256 Posts
5k for me IIRC....

·
Registered
253 Posts
5k for me as well.......

·
Registered
706 Posts
£5K for me

·
Registered
16 Posts
£500 for me. Always put in on a credit card too! You'll get protection from the credit card company if something goes wrong - even if you only pay a small amount by credit card and the rest through other means.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've always paid £500.

To put 5k down you must be ordering a weird colour combo or something odd.
I went for Estoril Blue and I ticked most of the options. The only major one I didn't tick was Pano roof.........

Wouldn't say there was anything odd about my order.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
never paid more than £500 deposit - especially at main dealer.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It's upto you and the dealer to agree.
Pay as little as possible and make sure its no more than you are prepared to lose if you cancel.

I wouldn't ever pay more the £500
+1

·
Registered
101 Posts
I paid £1000 deposit on a credit card for mine and as I cancelled my order last week due to the long wait time I get my deposit back today.

I was doing mine by lease but changed before I ordered and was buying mine in the end.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi guys and gals , I'm interested in how much deposits you were asked to put down . I have been asked for £5000 this seems excessive to me as I can't get the car for 10 months .
Cheers Dave
Dave
Just a thought: Aware that you live nearby, my dealership has just had a cancelled order, so has very kindly brought forward my own build week to week 44 (delivery anticipated 1st or 2nd week in December now).
Could it be worth getting in touch with them to see whether they might offer you my original order place? Estimated vehicle delivery here was March 2014.
If you want to have a go, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the relevant people.
PS Nothing like a £5k deposit either!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cheers Dave
Thanking the P155 at £5k for that length of time. Max I would put down is £2k and if they say its not showing enough commitment from you then tell them your off to find a dealer who thinks £2k is enough commitment. Plenty on here who have paid £2k or less

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Zero deposit and great service from Abz Audi. Tell them you will go elsewhere and if they insist on that ridiculous deposit, vote with your feet. I am sure Abz Audi (and many other dealers?) would do a better, faster deal delivered to your door.

·
Registered
74 Posts
£1000 deposit with Bridgend Audi. Just over 4 months from order to delivery. They also stuck to the original part-ex offer on my old car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts