Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...so my Q5 has been built apparently...
What's the normal timeframe for delivery to the UK Dealer from Germany?

J

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine took about a week. It does vary a bit though. Your dealer should have the delivery details in a day or two if it's been built.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My s-line plus took approx 2 weeks from being built to delivery at the dealer but my last one an se only took 10 days.

DCD

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also waiting for a delivery date. My build week was week 15 (last week) so waiting to hear from the dealer when I can expect to pick up. I'm thinking somewhere around the 20th but I understand the dealer will need to prep the car which car take a few days? I will report back when I hear anything.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The S Line Plus' extra equipment must have weighed down the ship, hence the longer wait :s

·
Registered
40 Posts
It very much depends on availability of transport from the factory to the port and then the ship across to the UK. I waited about a week so was quite lucky but 2 weeks is quite common, then it depends on which port in the UK the ship is sailing to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine came in from the port of Tyne and I think that they may use another Southern port.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Contacted my dealer today and found out my car is at port in Emden awaiting shipment. I understand shipping takes approx two days so I hoping my car might arrive at Grimsby early next week? Dealer is Huddersfield which is 1 hour from port. Got my fingers crossed for next weekend although I expect it will be the following week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Daytona...
My dealer is Huddersfield too.
I had build week 14 and the dealer told me it had arrived in the UK this Wednesday just gone.
I'll let you know as soon as I hear more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spoke to the dealer again on Wednesday, he believes the car will be arriving with them on Monday (tomorrow). I'd expect to be picking it up on Thursday at the latest after all the checks and reg documents have been done. How about you, did the dealer suggest any dates your car might be available from? Btw, my car arrived in Grimsby on Wedneday also but I understand they have a backlog hence the dealer not expecting to see it until tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The salesman told me that all Q5s go to Sheerness - not sure if this is true.
He told me that it was still expected for delivery to me, early May, but if it was ready before the end of April it would be a bonus.
He said he would let me know when it arrives at the dealer.
I'll be ringing them up Monday morning for an update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have a client in Sittingbourne and passed a transporter on the A249 coming from Sheerness on Thursday... with a lava grey Q5 on it... could've been mine

Picking mine up Friday from Crawley...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spoke to Audi today and they told me the car was at Sheerness awaiting transport to local dealers which could be 5-8 days. They expect mine to arrive at the dealer by the end of this week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is now expected to be ready to pick up between Thursday and Tuesday of next week. These last couple of weeks have been the worst as I know the car has been built its just waiting for the slow logistics to come through!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I'm going to call in today on my way past and see if there is any sign of mine there!
I'll keep a look out for yours too!
Hopefully we will both have them by Wednesday next week.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts