Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard from my local Audi dealership that despite ordering my new Q5 S Line Plus Stronic 2 weeks ago that i should not expect to see it until early next year. Apparently there is a production problem with the stronic transmissions!!

Is anyone aware of this and is it accurate ?? I am disappointed to say the least as i expected delivery in September 2012......

Hopefully someone has more encouraging news on this front !!

Drewboy

·
Banned
842 Posts
Total rubbish in my opinion mate. More than likely your dealer has used up their allocation and are delaying your order. Most of us on here waited 4-6 months. Tell your dealer to pull their finger out if not take your business elsewhere...

Reactions: gingamog

·
Registered
249 Posts
Friend of mine wanted to order an Stronic Q3 and after a bit of research on a few forums he found that there were long delays with them so he went for a manual. However I do agree that waiting till next year is a bit long to say the least.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
A production problem would be they they do not have capacity to meet demand rather than a technical problem. Have you phoned a.n.other Audi dealer?

My nephew was told he would not get delivery of his A3 2.0TDI 170 black S line for many months by our local dealer. He contacted Manchester Audi they had one in stock and he took delivery within two weeks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered an S Tronic on17th April and have not heard anything, in fact the dealer (Taunton) has said it will come earlier as I have a "lucky slot" - total wait should be 12 weeks if it arrives on time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This seems like an ongoing reason (excuse) I ordered my stronic 2.0 tdi last august and took delivery 1st week of March. I too was told the delays were due to the auto gearbox. This was from the dealer and Audi UK. What i dont get is that if it was a problem backin August last year why hasnt it been sorted by now. Its smells fishy to me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys thanks for the feedback I feel a lot better about the process now. I was suspicious about the excuses given but lacked confidence to challenge anyone.......not now!!!

Thanks again

Drewboy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts