Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Seen a previosu post last year that suggested delivery mileage of crica 25 miles is about right, What sort of miles have you guys been experience recently?

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
8 miles

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
All depends - unlike some other cars within the Audi range only random ones are tested so you can have a wide variation in numbers.
then you have the delivery PDI by the dealer.

Pick a number, any number unto 80miles.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine had 33 miles on the clock when I picked her up...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Mine had 12 when picked up

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did have 280 miles on a factory order once. Not an Audi I hasten to add. Garage reset the odometer back to zero when I complained and gave me free paint protection but said that anything under 500 was considered acceptable and I had no grounds to reject the car. Their explanation was that there had been a transporter issue and it had to be driven part of the way. I always thought and still do that they had used it to give customer test drives before I picked it up.

I would be concerned if it had 80 miles on the clock and wonder how that could be justified? Around 25-30 would be ok in my view but no more.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I too would be asking serious questions if I saw 80 miles on a "new" car. Test drives etc; spring to mind.
I rejected a new 80 back in 1990 as it had 120 miles on it and corroded wheels which I saw when I went to inspect it with its factory wax coat still on. Story was it was a dealer transfer but as the dealer they swapped a car with was 35 miles away they could not explain the difference and managed to find another car in the same colour at another dealer which was delivered by low loader. All in the days before digital speedos and clever men with laptops who can cover up such things before the customer sees their new car.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I don't see why reseting speedo would make it any more or less acceptable... the miles covered have still be covered...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see why reseting speedo would make it any more or less acceptable... the miles covered have still be covered...
I do agree but psycholigically it made a bit of a difference and I had no other choice.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My first Q5 had only 4 miles on it when I first saw it, but 12 miles when I came to collect it. Not sure I really believed the explanation when I queried it but it does make you wonder what they do with it before you pick it up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine had 36 when I collected her....

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you don't go over 50km you can reset the milage using vagcom so they all might have done more.

·
Banned
489 Posts
5 on mine

·
Registered
273 Posts
4 on my mine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you don't go over 50km you can reset the milage using vagcom so they all might have done more.
So provided you never do more then 30 miles in a trip you can keep you mileometer at zero indefinatly??

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
lol, nice try - you can only do it once.
However tools exist (not VAGCOM) to alter or 'correct' the milage no matter what the current reading...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts