Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait is almost over...! Having been one of the lucky ones whose order stayed on track to the very day from initial order, I've been contacted today by the dealership to arrange delivery. My current car (Mercedes C220 Coupe) is not due back until the end of November, but there's no way I'm waiting until then, so I've arranged delivery for the 23rd October!

Can't wait now, had new cars previously but never fully specced one before, just gone for a stock vehicle, and they've never really felt like my own. One thing I was a little disappointed with is the car will be driven up to me (250 miles +) from the dealers, maybe it's just me but I thought it would have been delivered on a flat bed or something for some reason to save on the delivery miles?

Any idea if this is an option, or is driven delivery the only way to go?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Some dealers offer delivery by transporter, but at a charge.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I would hav expected a brand new car delivered on a flat bed,250 delivery miles is a bit strong,your spending 50k+,I'd have another chat with them,try and talk them round 😄

·
Registered
68 Posts
dadio77 They should deliver. See page 86 of the 2013 q5 brochure under new car delivery. It states they will deliver it to a place of your choice, whether it's your home or work. No way should it be driven 250 miles. Mine was delivered on a trailer - no charge!

Attachments

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
884 Posts
This is the quote I have been given previously about delivery:

"Free driven delivery within mainland UK. Trailer delivery is available, please ask for a quote. Or come and meet me in person and collect from our showroom!"

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree with Retbug - I would get them to deliver FOC. 250 miles is reasonable in my opinion.

If they won't entertain this, is it possible for you to collect at the dealership - if they are going to stick 250 miles on it, you may as well have the enjoyment of driving the 250 miles home!

I hope you get a free delivery - let us know how you get on with the dealer

·
Registered
768 Posts
Plus one .... Unless it's difficult for you to collect!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses - I dropped a note to the dealer last night and he came back very quickly this morning tbf, but stated they don't have it in the margin to pay for a flatbed... Ultimately I'd love to travel down and pick up in person, even checked the train times! However it is my last week at work so taking a day out is virtually impossible...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very kind of you Snow Man...! After a morning of deliberating I'm going to have to accept someone else gets to put the first miles on... though even as I write it, it p***** me off!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could have thrashed the crap out of it, sorry delivered it for you - but i've got plans now.
Next time...
It appears someone beat you to it Snow Man... Opened my post yesterday and my heart sank when I spotted a letter from Sussex police - my clean license seemed doomed! So I was surprised and somewhat relieved to see the offence, 61through a red light, occurred the day before the car was delivered to me!

After flagging to the broker, Audi sent through the delivery drivers details - the very company they were insistent were thoroughly professional and never had any problems with... What really got me is they offered no apology, or retraction of their previous assurances.

Not sure if anyone else has ever had a similar problem, but I knew I should have forced the issue around flat bed delivery :-(

·
Registered
884 Posts
There is always one numpty.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Makes you wonder what speed he was pushing your new motor to... W4nker5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts