Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my car this morning and delighted with all aspects albeit it seemed a long wait from Mid-March when I ordered. My contact at the dealership (Ruth Karim - Tamworth Audi) was very patient and spent a lot of time running through all aspects of the vehicle, with the MMI intro taking the longest. I will be messing about with that for ages I'm sure! Photos soon.

Reactions: dadio77

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Congrats! Look forward to seeing the pics!

·
Banned
289 Posts
Congratulations. Please post interior pics asap!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Shenstone,

Nice one, It's finally arrived, That must have seemed quite a wait. From memory I think you've been a member for a while. Maybe now you can have an input from an owners perspective. Looking forward to your Pics.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Shenstone, Congrats and would love to see a pic of your alcantara seats with contrasting stiching. 6 months wait, but could dhave been longer had you not got your order done in March.

·
Banned
489 Posts

Reactions: dadio77

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congratulations shenstone, I'm delighted for you. Great interior and makes me think twice about all leather seats. Enjoy!

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys. I had a laugh this morning as I was looking through the user manual. It occurred to me that we hadn't looked underneath the boot floor so I decided to check out the collapsible spare wheel. It was there ok but I panicked as the manual shows the jack/tools, etc. in a bag adjacent to the wheel - but nothing! I removed the woofer in case it was in the wheel, in the side cover where the compressor was, even under the seats and under the bonnet in case it was pinned in there: Nothing! A quick email to my dealer contact to ask if there was anything lying around there and she calmly told me about the 'hidden' storage underneath the carpet that the wheel was sitting on! I'm such a prat

·
Banned
489 Posts
Just to add that I love the car too! Just starting to get used to it. I'm delighted with the Alcantra leather. I've had it before in a MK2 TT and Nappa leather in a Mk1 TT and I do prefer the Alcantra. I prefer the warmth in winter and coolness in summer. The fact that it comes here with silver stitching is a bonus as it breaks up the plain and dark interior. On that note I almost burnt my arse on the heated seats - such a quick warmup!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Cheers guys. I had a laugh this morning as I was looking through the user manual. It occurred to me that we hadn't looked underneath the boot floor so I decided to check out the collapsible spare wheel. It was there ok but I panicked as the manual shows the jack/tools, etc. in a bag adjacent to the wheel - but nothing! I removed the woofer in case it was in the wheel, in the side cover where the compressor was, even under the seats and under the bonnet in case it was pinned in there: Nothing! A quick email to my dealer contact to ask if there was anything lying around there and she calmly told me about the 'hidden' storage underneath the carpet that the wheel was sitting on! I'm such a prat
My SQ5 doesn't come with a spare - but I wonder if the jack/tools are there? Might check when I get home as would be potentially useful to have.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cheers Shenstone, you just answered one of my questions. R.e The tools etc, looked everywhere and was just about to post " where are my tools"
P.s Very nice, snap with the wheels, good choice.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. You have reaffirmed two of my spec choices - firstly the alcantara - looks great and is definitely more usable than full leather - if you don't have kids... and secondly, the off-road wheels - fantastic!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Looks lovely, I had those wonderful alcantara seats in my last A5 Cabrio, way nicer than full leather, warmer in winter, more comfortable in summer. The material under the perforations is silver coloured and looks fabulous at night.

Enjoy

·
Registered
700 Posts
Congratulations shenstone, seats look great, car looks good in that colour with the wheels, enjoy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congratulations Shenstone. I picked mine up yesterday also Ice silver S line plus. I also love the alacantra.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Congratulations. I'm still looking for my wheel nut keys. If anyone has a clue where the dealer may have out them, please PM me. Cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts