Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, security wise, not a good idea, but on a freezing day, a lot more comfortable to do this from the comfort of your home rather than freezing to death inside your car!

I have noticed that my SQ5 cuts out when the driver's door is opened. This has obviously been developed in order to deter such a practice. Therefore scores highly on safety and security grounds. This still happens when stop/start has been deactivated i.e. switched off.

Is there anybody out there that has already thought of this 'problem' and has come up with a solution/fix ???

ZED

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
OK, security wise, not a good idea, but on a freezing day, a lot more comfortable to do this from the comfort of your home rather than freezing to death inside your car!

I have noticed that my SQ5 cuts out when the driver's door is opened. This has obviously been developed in order to deter such a practice. Therefore scores highly on safety and security grounds. This still happens when stop/start has been deactivated i.e. switched off.

Is there anybody out there that has already thought of this 'problem' and has come up with a solution/fix ???

ZED
Just start the car with the door open.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just start the car with the door open.

Jose,

That is Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrilliant!!

How on earth did you discover that?

I just went outside to try it (Oh he of little faith!) and it works. Thinking about it, there had to be a way if only for servicing purposes.

Thanks loads

ZED

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose,

That is Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrilliant!!

How on earth did you discover that?

I just went outside to try it (Oh he of little faith!) and it works. Thinking about it, there had to be a way if only for servicing purposes.

Thanks loads

ZED
Can't remember why I needed it was a few weeks ago, probably similar demisting, but I just figured as the door is the catalyst for the engine turning off give it a try - and hey presto!

Glad to have helped!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Have a Parking Heater on the Cayenne , works out to be the best option ticked.
When will Audi offer it ?
They won't in the UK as far as I understand. It's already available as an option in other countries (including Belgium for one as Robin T has it on his SQ5).

You can retro fit, it's a webasto system. But cost would likely be prohibitive.

·
Registered
422 Posts
They won't in the UK as far as I understand. It's already available as an option in other countries (including Belgium for one as Robin T has it on his SQ5).

You can retro fit, it's a webasto system. But cost would likely be prohibitive.

Mrs Podgas disappears when its cold and leaves the Parking Heater on when shes in the Shops.
Q5 Home alone !

·
Registered
422 Posts
Might not help but with VCDS you can activate Auxillary Ventilation on cars that do not have it installed. Controlled thru the MMI. What it allows is for you to set several independent time periods where the fan will switch on and run for a preset time, even with the car off. It is just fresh ambient air though as obviously the engine is off, so no aircon and no heating (unless the engine was already warm). Instructions to do this with plenty screenshots can be viewed at www.audienthusiasts.com
Love the Colour Matching your MMI Controls to the Screen.
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Project_MMILED.html

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
So what does the standard fit auxiliary electric heater do?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Josè... Oh yes... Of course! Good sills my friend for remembering that one- especially as I was on the trail/post! Doh! Guess that one balances off remembering Autocar regurgitating a very old 'review'....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts