Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people as you can see I'm a newby , I'm about to start approaching various dealers to order a new SQ5 with around £6500 of extras so brochure price is £50,000 plus . My question is will I / should I expect , get any discount on this price . If so how much would be a guide figure ? I have no trade in to worry about .

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think the delays in delivery are going to slow discounts at the moment. Brokers may still offer discounts but they are not fulfilling expectations on delivery at the moment

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the delays in delivery are going to slow discounts at the moment. Brokers may still offer discounts but they are not fulfilling expectations on delivery at the moment
Quite correct, I have gone through a broker about 9.5% off but although they say there is no penalty in delivery I am looking at about April 14 But..... A local dealer offered no discount and April delivery so not a difficult choice really!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quite correct, I have gone through a broker about 9.5% off but although they say there is no penalty in delivery I am looking at about April 14 But..... A local dealer offered no discount and April delivery so not a difficult choice really!
agree with this, recently ordered through broker and achieved ~9% off list

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
We will share the same local dealers as not far from Rugby. I approached them all and none wished to do a deal and this was with no trade in.
Suggest you go further afield or try your luck with a broker.
I did find a dealer who came very close to a broker price and the service is excellent.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome. Seems that brokers are the way to go for a lot of people. Sure the business model must be working for Audi dealers - the delivery times are evidence of that, unless they have RHD parts supply issues - but still think it's a shame that one can't walk into a dealer and negotiate the same level of discount ( I do of course understand that brokers push volume to the dealers).

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd check the broker route for pricing but try to build up a relationship with your local dealer who I've always found will get close to the broker price It's a lot easier should you have any issues going forward - has worked for us in the past and that's the route I'll look to go down when I look for an A3 Sportback next year

·
Banned
489 Posts
I was referred to Tamworth Audi this time, which is not far from where I live. I normally don't worry about a 'relationship' as the warranty covers work at any franchised main dealer anyway. If I had a big issue with the purchase then of course it's better if your supplying dealer is not too far. That said, I've had cars from Boston (Lincs) and Manchester, and go to pick up myself. Brokers are way better for me as I hate spending hrs with an arrogant rep who keeps disappearing to his 'manager'. There's no messing around with a broker - you do your own research then it's quick and easy - either you like his/her good deal, or you don't - simples.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sounds the way to go, 9.5 % discount is fantastic think i got just under 2% back in December but then the cars were hot and everyone wanted the slots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts