Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a new member and my first post so please go easy. I've sat in the back row for a little while now and I think it's time I asked you guys your opinion? ive been to my local dealer today an ordered SQ5 what I'm hoping you can tell me is, have I got a good deal or not? No one seems to say what they have paid for they new car, just percentages. Ordered ibis white,advanced key, Audi drive select, folding mirrors, heated front seats, power boot, privacy glass, phone prep low, towing equipment, flat bottomed wheel, tech pack high, tyre monitor. On the Audi configurater £48,710 got for £44, 880 is it good, bad or just okay? Been guaranteed for my part X £35K September or £34.750 for an October delivery dealer can't say at this stage it would be great to hear your feed back, both on price and the spec
A little back ground on me, now on my third Q5 the latested one brought new March this year ibis white. 30 tdi S line plus with extras which I got for a song, but really want this SQ5 (wife thinks I'm mad bless her) thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Bonzo, welcome and well done on that deal i would say. I got £850 dealer contribution and thats it! Oh apart from losing £8k on my part ex between 3rd January this year and yesterday when i picked my SQ5 up. I hadn't ordered / specked mine up as I picked up a dealers showroom car but it was in my favoured colour and leather combo and had most of the bits i would have had fitted anyway. You only live one life and theres no pockets in shrouds lol

·
Registered
700 Posts
Wow bonzoboy and welcome , what a great deal!! If you look at my spec I ordered in December and hopefully picking up the end if next week !!!! I'm having to part with 51 k for that spec I got 1 k off , I could have haggled more but just wanted the car ordered and in my garage !! In hineseight I may as well if waited rushing still hasn't got me the car yet and the deal wasn't great .. You Di have a cracking deal there , there are a few things I would add but hey it's your car and you options best of luck merlin
Wow bonzoboy and welcome , what a great deal!! If you look at my spec I ordered in December and hopefully picking up the end of next week !!!! I'm having to part with 51 k for that spec I got 1 k off , I could have haggled more but just wanted the car ordered and in my garage !! In hineseight I may as well of waited rushing still hasn't got me the car yet and the deal wasn't great .. You Di have a cracking deal Yes mate there demo , mine must be sun bathing it's been at the port for nearly two weeks now ,!! there , there are a few things I would add but hey it's your car and your options have what your budget will stretch to !! best of luck merlin

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome,and by the sound of things I've not got a bad deal. Agree merlin wanted to put a few more bits on it but had a job convincing her in doors with this spec seeing I only got this one in March and already part x ing it lol.

But like Wilf's take on life " you only live once""

Just hope it is a September delivery, still in the mean time at least i'm still driving a cracking car.

Have a good holiday weekend!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks missile. You're never to sure you've got the best deal, but I now reckon it is a good one.

Thanks for the feed back. (don't know how you get those thumbs up and smiley faces lol)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Bonzoboy, It is a very good deal especially for the new SQ5. I will be going head to head next saturday with by dealer on a high spec Q5 and am hoping for 10%. Looking at you part exchange. That sound like a good second hand buy for someone. What is the full spec.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i see thanks missile it was that easy i missed it, hope your enjoying your weekend in the car !!

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Pleased to help. Met up with some other Audi addicts and we had a blast. Some fast cars, good roads and great company.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Morning all, yes shabazmo I'm happy with the deal and you haggle as much off as you can Apart from the norm that goes with a plus it's got folding mirrors,keyless,bluetooth low, heated front seats intr light pack tow equipment,audi drive select and tyre monitor. The story with this car is I originally ordered a 2ltr plus 177ps with these extras for £35K on the road in January, (might help you) but the salesman pressed the wrong button and ordered 3ltr it wasn't discovered until it arrived at the dealership.
To cut a long story short after refusing the car and all their ways to try and rectify I offered an extra £500 and they accepted so got this for £35,500. I'm getting 35K in September for it against the SQ5 so can't moan about that.

So haggle man haggle

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
That's an insane deal Bonzoboy! Bit of luck on your side, and a great deal none-the-less!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hopefuly mine will turn up White , and ill push them for a large discount !!!! LOL If only i was that lucky

·
Registered
706 Posts
Bonzobuy, I hope my salesman presses the wrong button and I get a 3.0 ltr. On your part you must have been grinning all the way home.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah good deal I know, first bit of luck with cars for years or is it? never thought about a 3ltr in the past but since having it would never go back to a 2ltr and now I'm about to part with another 10K for SQ5 lol

Still can't find these smiley faces

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Hopefully this helps...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jose, but I'm a bit thick, doh !! still don't know how. Missile said just click on the icon above reply to this topic can't see one. Still enough of wasting people's time I'll get one of the kids to sort it for me

Just like to say that is one hell of a spec you have there - cracking

1 - 20 of 21 Posts