Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered this?

Was hoping for some thoughts as to what the combination would look like with the off road wheels?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi,
I looked at this option with my dealer, he did not have a Q5 with the black pack but did have a saloon car.

Personally i do not like it with the Daytona Grey, it made the car look dull and flat. I does take the eye away from the grill and focus on the lights if that is what you are after.

I have gone for the black roof rails, hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has anyone ordered this?

Was hoping for some thoughts as to what the combination would look like with the off road wheels?
I have the Daytona grey with the black pack and titanium finish wheels, tinted windows I think it looks stunning and many have commented on the combo. It has quite a presence on the road to.
Flat would be the last word to describe the Daytona grey there are green, purple silver flakes though it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi and welcome. I was in two minds about the black pack and decided not to proceed after seeing it in the 'flesh' on a Daytona Grey Q5. But it's a personal choice, I just thought the classic chrome makes the car look at its best. I'm still pleased with my selection.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have the Daytona grey with the black pack and titanium finish wheels, tinted windows I think it looks stunning and many have commented on the combo. It has quite a presence on the road to.
Flat would be the last word to describe the Daytona grey there are green, purple silver flakes though it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I didn't say the Daytona Grey looked flat (have one on order), it was the black grill against the grey.
Only my personal preference, and as said above each to there own.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well if you are after a vote then my Daytona Grey has the chrome trim and I think it looks great. I would not consider the black styling pack both from a looks perspective and the sheer cheek of Audi charging more for it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i Have actually ordered my SQ in lava grey and the full black pack but I am now having second thoughts as I do believe the dark against dark is perhaps a bit bland where as the chrome against grey will give it the bit of bling it deserves. Someone recently posted a pic of a dark SQ with the black and I was not exactly saying WOW, more like have I time to change my mind!
I never thought choosing options would be so difficult as this is not my first change of heart.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Leezo I actualy have pretty much identical spec to you; and if it helps we wanted to order Black pack with our Lava SQ5 and were told it's too late as build week 44.

The dealer reassured us that you can always ask the service centre to make an order for a black grille and they can put it on for you as soon as it arrives, but we said that depending on what it looks like when it arrive we will think about it from there. So I will be sure to post some photos for you to have a look when it will come in November

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks ray.afzal I look forward to your pics.
I actually cancelled my black pack today and added the tech pack, parking advanced and the phone prep high.
I just felt after recent photos of dark Q5s the quality look of the car was being lost as it needs a bit of lipstick and earrings to make it look a bit special. Don't get me wrong I love the black edition cars against light paint work but in this case I just changed my mind.
As you said its not a massive job to do later on should my mind change again.
On another note when I called Audi they did ask if I wanted to stick with my spec as they could get me my car by mid November due to a cancellation opening up a build slot. I was very tempted but refused so I can get the changes of spec to my car but hopefully another early delivery will be made available.

Reactions: kbal84
1 - 9 of 9 Posts