Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 3 (4G) SIM in my car for Data - it appears to be only giving me a 3G service:

Is this right on the new Q5???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does it fluctuate depending on geographical area?...how does it compare to reception on your personal phone?

Which provider do Audi use with regard to their SIM's?

·
Banned
323 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it fluctuate depending on geographical area?...how does it compare to reception on your personal phone?

Which provider do Audi use with regard to their SIM's?
It's a THREE Sim Card and it is ALWAYS 3G - no matter where I go from cities to countryside.

My 3 powered iPad is almost always on 4G whenever I have used it in / around the vehicle.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My 2017 has the data SIM that comes with the tech pack and almost always shows LTE (4G).
So you pay for the extra Data Services?

That's VERY expensive!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, when you have the tech pack it includes data for 3 years.
I do have the Tech-Pack - but the only data it provides is for the car itself. When you connect any device to the onboard Wi-Fi hotspot it asks you to subscribe to their data services - at great expense.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, when you have the tech pack it includes data for 3 years.
I just spoke to Audi Digital Services and they confirmed that the data included in the Tech-Pack for 3 years ONLY provides data for Audi Connect services and onboard communications for the car itself. They said any data required for the Wi-Fi hotspot, the Calendar and Streaming Services MUST be provided by the owner in the form of their own SIM card.

They also confirmed the communications module for the owner SIM is indeed 4G.

There is no other way of getting the Wi-Fi hotspot, the Calendar and Streaming Services working without using and paying for your own 3rd party SIM, UNLESS you pay the Audi provider lots and lots of money.

·
Banned
323 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts