Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me please if you need to activate something in the MMI when on Dab stations to show song/artist when a song is being played. One of my previous Q5 when on a dab stations did this, but on this one its not doing it, i know a station has to transmit what ever it is to allow this to happen and not all do that, but I can't get it to work on any station.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well at least I'm not the only one then missile, thanks for the reply. It did on my 11 plate Q5. It came up with the radio show, then when a song played it told you the song title and the artist.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Same issue for me Bonzoboy. The song used to come up on DAB in my now traded in Evoque, and although I'll miss that feature, it won't be too much of a hardship.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It does do it...I'll have a look tomorrow, not minded to go out to the garage as its a bit nippy tonight...yeah I know, 'shandy drinking southener'....

·
Registered
768 Posts
It does do it...I'll have a look tomorrow, not minded to go out to the garage as its a bit nippy tonight...yeah I know, 'shandy drinking southener'....
Does that mean it'll be May '14, when the weather improves before we find out? :)

·
Banned
842 Posts
You need to press the "info" or "text" buttons on the MMI from recollection it doesn't come on default which is a tad annoying.

Will check tonight.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've braved the cold of the garage
and can confirm that you can get the text up by pressing the 'Functions' button and then in the next menu scrolling to the right to the 'i' for Info button and then selecting 'Text'...

Sorted....

·
Banned
842 Posts
Thanks John saved me a job!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Most welcome....was afflicted with a moment of laziness, its passed now...

Reactions: Chopper

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you John, what a great forum and people that use it this is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys new to the site, but this is my 2nd Q5. Just bought a 62 plate S line Plus - got some great gadgets on it, heated seats, audi assist, cruise control, and my favorite the auto boot. and i like the high gloss black inlays instead of the silver.

However the only thing it has not got which i would of loved is a DAB radio. I only have the smallish TFT screen basic satnav i think, so been told this may be very hard to fit, where if it had the 3GMMI would of been easier is this true ?

Im away at the moment so can not access the car to see what version its running

Any help with this would be great guys.

Also loving the 20" Alloys, love Q5's great cars in my opinion.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts