Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Anyone know why most of the stations in DAB display the default Audi DAB graphic instead of the station logo?

Our VW Polo has the proper logo graphic for all stations (e.g. BBCR1, LBC, Capital etc.), but on the Audi only a couple of stations show such correct bespoke logo graphics.

Any ideas why?

·
Banned
323 Posts
I see similar on my wife's new 2019 Polo as well and also same as you on the Audi.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I see similar on my wife's new 2019 Polo as well and also same as you on the Audi.
Our VW Polo is a 2016 edition and it displays all DAB stations correctly - I can't understand why it's not showing on the 2019 Audi.

Anyone been able to overcome this shortfall?

·
Banned
323 Posts
Our VW Polo is a 2016 edition and it displays all DAB stations correctly - I can't understand why it's not showing on the 2019 Audi.

Anyone been able to overcome this shortfall?
Is there some confusion here because of your repeat? So I will say again in a different way.
My wife's later March 2019 VW Polo displays all DAB stations correctly, but I also cannot understand why they do not on the late 2017 Audi Q5. In other words I am in agreement.

In my view it is all down to the way the software program/display is written, so you cannot change it. The information will be there (it will be transmitted by the station), but Audi choose not to give it top priority in the presentation of the program on the screen.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there some confusion here because of your repeat? So I will say again in a different way.
My wife's later March 2019 VW Polo displays all DAB stations correctly, but I also cannot understand why they do not on the late 2017 Audi Q5. In other words I am in agreement.

In my view it is all down to the way the software program/display is written, so you cannot change it. The information will be there (it will be transmitted by the station), but Audi choose not to give it top priority in the presentation of the program on the screen.
Not sure what you meant by my 'repeat', but I was driving a 2019 Q5 last week and the station logos are severely lacking compared to our 3yr old Polo.

Strange how the data is there but Audi doesn't recognise it.

I'll drop a technical call to Audi when I get my new car - no doubt I will still be none the wiser when they respond!

Thanks anyhow for explaining.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I'll drop a technical call to Audi when I get my new car - no doubt I will still be none the wiser when they respond!
Best of luck with that.

Reactions: rifleman

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They most probably do, as stated previously, it is most likely a case of of not displaying on the MMI to the customer/driver.
It might be worth asking the question on the forum shown below, where there is a very large contingent of UK Vag, VW, Audi drivers. Somebody might know the answer.
http://www.vwaudifor...forum/forum.php

Best of luck with that.
I've requested to join that forum, thank you.

As expected - after a lengthy phone-call to Audi 'technical services' and the promise of an email with a response last week - nothing from Audi!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still no response from Audi Technical Support....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep holding your breath
I should actually have a new Q5 in a few weeks - I'll escalate it then - and still get no further

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.