Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this or tried this, when you set the cruse control at a given speed, then rapidaly drop the cruise control down 10+ MPH the brakes slow you down including brake lights being activated. This was apparent during doing 70MPH going into 50 MPH through speed cameras I thought the car would coast to the new set limit but not, good stuff.

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
I disengage cruise, allow the speed to decrease then re-engage cruise. Time it right and you do not need to brake.

Most of the nutters on the A90 seem to wait until they pass the 50 sign then brake.

Do you remember this one >

·
Banned
842 Posts
Me too, I find the auto braking on the cruise a bit too harsh if you are slowing from 70 - 50mph.

Interestingly the digital speedo when the cruise is out is not that inaccurate when I measured my speed with my TomTom the other day. In the average speed cameras I sit at 52mph but still have people flying past me then braking when they reach a camera!

Reactions: missile

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
My cruise control / speedo is -1 to Tom Tom speed at 70mph.
I set my cruise control at 79, often passing those breaking for the 70mph "safety" cameras.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was caught speeding 60 pounds and 3 points for being 2mph over the national average limit, 10% +2 which equates to 79mph andi was doing 81 at Dunblane to Stirling..... Not happy at all

·
Registered
578 Posts
That sucks! Sorry to hear that, I got done at 59mph in a 50mph fixed speed section on the M40, then I got busted for 97mph on the M40 which I deserved, that was a few years ago but I'm a big fan of cruise control now to regulate my speed.

·
Banned
842 Posts
One of the the reasons for switching down from 300BHP. No point having it anymore with cameras all around sadly.

·
Registered
794 Posts
the Cruise Control (non-Adaptive) on my MY14 Q5 S-Line Plus is the best i have ever encountered - simple yet accurate and precise.

i had a top of the range 15 plate Toureg for work the other day and the cruise was terrible - a simple tap up and down sent it up or down in 5mph increments - i had to hold it to move it up or down 1mph at a time and by then i had passed the speed i wanted and was trying to constantly over-correct.

i love the cruise control currently on the Q5's - i hope they adopt the same style in the new Q5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts