Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here managed to pay part of the car's price on a CC and how much.
Would dealers object?!

I am asking for many reasons:
1- Some cards offer rewards (miles...etc.)
2-Some cards have a 0% on purchases for few months

I was hoping to put ?5000 on my CC for a ?37000 car - is that too much?!

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I asked the stealer that question when i was last in. You can pay by CC but they will charge you an extra %. Im sure i was told it would cost an extra 1.6%. they will accept a switch payment, but not usualy any rewards with that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was told 3% additional charge to pay on CC by the dealer. Cheaper to take cash off the credit card (circa 2.5%) and pay directly with cash. You could then transfer debt off original credit card onto a 0% balance card for about another 2.5/3%. All in all, you could part-finance the car that way and pay about 5% to 5.5% on that part of the debt (providing you can pay it all off before the balance transfer period runs out). Seemed to be much cheaper than the circa 8-9% APR deals that are being offered by finance companies.

By the way, I'm not doing the above to buy my Q5 - it just occured to me the other day. I'm sure there are some holes in it. I got as far as ringing my CC company and confirming you could take the whole balance off a CC in cash, as long as you did it in a bank.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told 3% additional charge to pay on CC by the dealer. Cheaper to take cash off the credit card (circa 2.5%) and pay directly with cash. You could then transfer debt off original credit card onto a 0% balance card for about another 2.5/3%. All in all, you could part-finance the car that way and pay about 5% to 5.5% on that part of the debt (providing you can pay it all off before the balance transfer period runs out). Seemed to be much cheaper than the circa 8-9% APR deals that are being offered by finance companies.

By the way, I'm not doing the above to buy my Q5 - it just occured to me the other day. I'm sure there are some holes in it. I got as far as ringing my CC company and confirming you could take the whole balance off a CC in cash, as long as you did it in a bank.
My 2 CC companies MBNA & Barclaycard say 4% to withdraw cash, 3% for balance transfers (0% for 12 months in both cases).
Which CC company is asking for 2.5% handling?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2 CC companies MBNA & Barclaycard say 4% to withdraw cash, 3% for balance transfers (0% for 12 months in both cases).
Which CC company is asking for 2.5% handling?!
We bought a Q5 in June and a TTRS last week, both from Norwich Audi. They are part of the Robinsons Group, who have other Audi dealerships around East Anglia. Their T&Cs clearly state that they will accept up to ?5000 on a credit card - so we did. That earned us ten thousand Amex Membership Reward points - not to be sniffed at.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We bought a Q5 in June and a TTRS last week, both from Norwich Audi. They are part of the Robinsons Group, who have other Audi dealerships around East Anglia. Their T&Cs clearly state that they will accept up to ?5000 on a credit card - so we did. That earned us ten thousand Amex Membership Reward points - not to be sniffed at.
THANK YOU
I am collecting mine from Audi Norwich too (Hopefully March 2011) - Are these T&C on their website?

Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
THANK YOU
I am collecting mine from Audi Norwich too (Hopefully March 2011) - Are these T&C on their website?

Thanks again
Better than that - if you look at your 'New/Used Vehicle Order Form', immediately below the Final Balance box, it states ' Credit Card and cash payments are limited to ?5000 per transaction'.
Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts