Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am interested in what prople have been charged from a main delaer for the first service (on a 2yr 20000 ongoing basis)

I have been quoted the following:

£396 for 3.0tdi Stronic

£346 for 2.0tdi Stronic

Seems exepnsive for and oil change!

Is this the going rate??

Many thanks Mark

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I had service on a5 3d 12 reg ,1st ever service ,oil change ,cost was £270

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'm more surprised you got to either 2years or 20k, I've never known an Audi do that tbh!
The best I've heard on a variable service was around 15k.

I think we paid 350.

·
Registered
952 Posts
That's pretty expensive. I'm used to BMW servicing which seems a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I maybe tight, but we don't have to use Audi. We can now use any garage we wish for the service and I believe that it won't affect the warranty. It will mean that you don't have an Audi service history though.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I don't see the point in that kinda penny pinching.
Most people also don't service their vehicles correctly, they tend to use the variable service option which precludes anything under 10k/year and non motorway milage, but most importantly is precludes "Uneconomical driving styles, i.e. heavy acceleration and braking, constant use of high revs"

http://www.audi.co.u...-servicing.html
Cost should be 309 for upto 2.0ltr cars

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yep, then we'll get a thread about something going wrong and Audi not giving any good will.
I'm more than happy to pay a little more, Audi have never let me down when i needed or asked for help. (i.e. seats on the R8 where the seatbelt had worn the leather - both replaced even though the leather is only covered for 3months) new tyres on the Q5, new discs on the RS.

Sounds harsh, but i would advice you stick to the main dealers.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The most compelling reason for getting Audi to service your new car is that outside the standard service activities, there may be software upgrades and other minor checks and tweaks that do not come under a recall notice. It is highly unlikely that another garage would have access to this information.

After the 3 years warranty period, I will be servicing the car myself, but will ensure that the mot will be carried out by Audi, so that any checks and upgrade are carried out.

Speaking to a ford dealer who mot's my ford fiesta, he says that any ford car that comes through the garage must have its reg number input on the ford system to check for any outstanding work.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm more surprised you got to either 2years or 20k, I've never known an Audi do that tbh!
The best I've heard on a variable service was around 15k.

I think we paid 350.
I have used variable servicing on 5 Audis since 2000 shortly after the software and sump oil condition indicator were routinely fitted to VAG vehicles. I got 14-16K between services with petrol and 18K pretty much consistently on diesels. I do change the oil and filter mid way which may extend the interval although I did change the filter alone on an A6 diesel once and it still went to 18K.

·
Registered
469 Posts
From experience; oil @ £12 odds + VAT/litre (3 litre diesels take about 8 litres), Oil + Pollen Filters and a few checks of tyres etc. Labour is something like £100/hour I think. Should get another spare 1 litre of 5w30 504/507 oil included in the price. 2nd variable tends to be dearer as it often involves an Air Filter and Brake Fluid change as well plus plugs on a petrol.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I've had my service - £385.

I agree with comments here about the other benefits of the main dealer service. I was lucky enough for Audi to step in with goodwill payments on my last q5 for a new mechatronic unit at 76000 miles and a new egr cooler at 84000.

I think those items save me something like 3k + so indeed dealer service can be very good value.

·
Banned
489 Posts
This is where Audi drop off severely compared to BMW. The latter offered a 5 year servicing package (+MOT protection) for a one-off £425 on the X3 when I was shopping around. The nearest offer from Audi is (for a Q5) £18 month for a 3yr contract (£648).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts