Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI

does anyone get or are they getting a build up of condensation on the inside of the windscreen in the mornings. I have had it a couple of times in the last couple of weeks with the inside of the screen being sopping wet.

probably the good old english weather whhich cant make up it mind

cheers

Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
HI

does anyone get or are they getting a build up of condensation on the inside of the windscreen in the mornings. I have had it a couple of times in the last couple of weeks with the inside of the screen being sopping wet.

probably the good old english weather whhich cant make up it mind

cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,
I think perhaps a visit to the garage to get them to check it over if its that bad,Have you go the sunroof fitted?,was wondering if it is sealing properly.

Rich

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Rich

No Sunroof , It is condensation ,maybe from the cold nights and the heat from the sun in the mornings but it is pretty wet

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is this before you get into the car? it shouldn't be if so. Once you get into the car, if you breathe a lot without the AC on you can put moisture into the air which can condense on the screen but it certainly shouldn't be there before you get in. Are you sure all the windows are fully closed? try opening and closing them all again just to be sure. Even the tiniest gap could allow moisture in. Also check all the rubber seals around the doors to see if any have cracked. Lastly, make sure you don't have the AC on recirculate.

·
Registered
963 Posts
God I hope this is not an issue.

I used to have this problem on a Merc CLK320. It was a real pain in the A... Used to take about 30mins to clear the screen so you could see where you were going. At the end of a night shift my colleagues used to jump into their old bangers and drive off straight away with me still sat there cursing.

RRS had heated screen so it was bliss.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will check the re-circulation thingy and see if that helps, it does seem to steam up when we are in the car as well but not as bad but be honest i just put on the air con and that seems to do the trick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts