Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Im having some trouble with rev behaviour when changing gear from second to third and sometimes from first to second. Rpms fall a little more than expected (falls the first time-normal and then a second time. Its wierd). In almost all rev range, the higher the easier to notice. No performance loss, at least by me! Anyone with the same problem?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone. Im having some trouble with rev behaviour when changing gear from second to third and sometimes from first to second. Rpms fall a little more than expected (falls the first time-normal and then a second time. Its wierd). In almost all rev range, the higher the easier to notice. No performance loss, at least by me! Anyone with the same problem?
And also, a variable pitched noise comming from the engine compartment (goes up with acceleration, goes down with deacceleration but with a little lag) Its not the normal turbo whine, it goes up from 900 rpm with the slightest acceleration even in neutral.

hope i dont own a defective engine...going for a check up on thursday, let you know then.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Funny you mention that - I have the 170 with S-Tronic and if you accelerate very slowly it seems to change up from 2nd to 3rd a little early and drops the revs too much for my liking - actually appears to cause a little vibration underneath as a result. Worse when cold. If I put her in sport I don't get the problem as she hangs on to 2nd that much longer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good morning

im putting mine in service today to check it out. they will contact germany for sure. il report back when i have info

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dealer made me believe it was because of my footwork (manual gearbox). on your automatic i think you should pay your dealer a visit.

good luck and report back if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts