Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After 6 months of sleepless nights, today I managed to scrape out of work to come collect our new SQ5 in Lava Grey.
First of all before I go on I have to say that i am forever grateful for all your comments on here that has come be through the months, and I am now looking forward to participating in those questions about actually owning one

First Impressions after a 40 mile trip straight from dealers:
- The looks; the SQ5 is a stunning car, no doubt about it, and along with the whole handover experience given to us by the dealer we couldn't have been happier to see this beast underneath it the cloth. Plenty of admiring looks straight out from showroom.
- The Speed; we took it out onto the A3 (unfortunately couldn't take it out to motorway yet, this weekend
) however as soon as you put your foot down, this thing flies. Tapped it and i was already on 106mph... Even got a van driver trying to give us a race which was a good laugh for my wife and son in the car!
- The wheels: I wasn't 100% convinced having not had seen the car with 21s, but now i have i would urge everyone to get them. They look amazing. Nuff' said

- The sound!!! Everytime I pull away or accelerate all eyes turn on you, it's brilliant! My wife felt a little embarrassed when she took it out for a spin- good thing i didn't tell her how to switch it off

- Interior - very modern and lush, the contrast stitching in white looks superb and Flat bottom steering wheel tops it all off.
- Sun roof - makes a huge difference especially as it makes the car feel so much bigger and spacious. Strongly recommend.

And to be honest i can't even think of a negative...if i had to it would be the stupid positioning of the Hazard lights, but its like that on every Audi.

I would strongly recommend requesting the full hand over experience as it is a real treat seeing the car being unleashed...they even brought out a bouquet of flowers for the wife and filled the tank up to full for us! Wimbledon Audi completely changed on us for the better, from uninformative dealers to helpful and polite ones who spent an hour and half going through every feature for us.

Thats it for now folks, will keep you all updated. Managed to take some pictures but will upload some more in the sun this weekend.

All the best,
a very happy Ray!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Reactions: Wilf

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Sorry for spamming your post

·
Registered
348 Posts
Fantastic Ray, the car looks really classy in the lava gray, good choice.

Anyhow enjoy driving it; wishing you a lot of safe happy miles!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Looks great mate. Glad to see your first impressions are right up there

Enjoy!

P.S. Best update your signature!

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, yeah its gorgeous!
Signature changed thanks Jose

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi Ray,
Glad you have finally collected it, looks great too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You lucky so and so lol!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again! Haha, glad you all like. Lava grey is a great colour and strongly recommend, pleasantly surprised, really twinkles in the sunlight.
Will try and get some more photos up this weekend in the sun!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks great... Can't wait to get mine...

Reactions: ray.afzal
1 - 20 of 112 Posts