Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up this morning, modest spec and happy with it.
Handover long but fairly smooth, no complaints.
Driving around most of the day and enjoying the ride, suspension & steering feel perfect for my personal needs.
On hindsight, should have swapped the drive-select for the parking advanced, but that's hindsight for you.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Congrats,enjoy 😄

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congratulations. With hindsight I may have gone for other bits and pieces, but you have to draw a line somewhere, so I'm sure you also made the right choices.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition

·
Registered
814 Posts
A few things about the handover..
There is so much to try to remember and check, as I'd read some horror stories on here about specs missing, paint problems etc.
I did take my own checklist to go through, quite extensive.
Amongst all the chat, paperwork, showing of controls etc,I thought I had everything covered after an hour and half (time soon gets round!)
Having got home I've realised a few things, so any advice on the following.... as regarding order of importance

My service book is blank under 'date delivered to customer', there is an Audi stamp but no date & no signature.
I have no idea if I'm on fixed servicing or the onboard computer generated one.
I asked about Ad-blue, whether I had it and needed to check on it etc, but realise I never got an answer.
Having had running boards fitted, I'm supposed to get a different jack, which I asked about, but again, realise I've c0me away without answer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congratulations, pleased for you.

Thanks for the handover points as well. They will come in handy for me on Saturday.

If you have some spare time can let me know what your checklist consisted of that would be really helpful to make sure I don't miss anything!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi Chinman & Muppetry,

Well, make sure you have the printout which lists all your specs and options that you're paying for.
Then simply check they are actually included on the car and working properly,
Might sound silly but there have been plenty of incidents where specs have been missed off a new car.
I checked my heated seats, folding mirrors, drive select were all present and working for example.
Checked all the accessories I'd ordered were there, running boards, bootliner, rubber mats etc

Also, depending whether you're getting the SE, S-line or S-line plus, make sure everything listed against the model is acttually there, have specs and prices brochure with you which lists them.
For instance I picked up an S-line plus, and checked quickly that it actually DID have the 20" wheels, privacy glass, electric tailgate operating ok, audi parking plus etc.

After that, if you really want to get down and dirty, print off THIS list from an old pistonheads forum..it's a beauty, I took it with me

http://www.pistonhea...f=23&h=0&hw=pdi

Can't go through it all, but can pick and choose what you want from it and it's a good reminder of certain things to check !!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I asked about Ad-blue, whether I had it and needed to check on it etc, but realise I never got an answer.
The car will have AdBlue - open up the fuel filler flap and you will see the AdBlue filler cap alongside the cap for the fuel filler.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car will have AdBlue - open up the fuel filler flap and you will see the AdBlue filler cap alongside the cap for the fuel filler.
Ok thanks, so should I have been given some particular instructions about that, or is it all there in the Owners manual ?
(been too busy driving to look at that as yet !)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great post thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Ok thanks, so should I have been given some particular instructions about that, or is it all there in the Owners manual ?
(been too busy driving to look at that as yet !)
They say you shouldn't have to worry about it between services - should last around 18,000 miles. That is, unless the pump doesn't go wrong which put me in the 3.0 litre for a month :-( Only one other post on here about having a problem with the AdBlue system IIRC.

System explained here
http://www.volkswage...y/diesel/adblue

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty sure you will have adblue as same engine as mine. Covered Adblue on my handover, the salesperson contacted the service department who were of the opinion that the adblue may not last to the 18000 service. However, they sell top up bottles at about £6 which you just screw into the filler alongside the fuel filler cap.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Pretty sure you will have adblue as same engine as mine. Covered Adblue on my handover, the salesperson contacted the service department who were of the opinion that the adblue may not last to the 18000 service. However, they sell top up bottles at about £6 which you just screw into the filler alongside the fuel filler cap.
Ok thanks,

Just going to fill her up with diesel, so I'm sure I'll see the Ad-blue filler there.
Sounds like it's no big deal then, there's obviously a yellow alert light will come on if it starts to get low.

is your service book signed and dated from the date you picked up, on front inside cover ?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
On the base models i see not advantage in having ADS - you can't control anything with it unless you are adding dynamic steering and the suspension options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
is your service book signed and dated from the date you picked up, on front inside cover ?
No, got a blank entry there, but not bothered as all electronically recorded now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
On the base models i see not advantage in having ADS - you can't control anything with it unless you are adding dynamic steering and the suspension options.
Absolutely correct..
Useless, as a forewaning to any prosepective buyers,
One of the few Audi specs which doesn't make much sense.
But it doesn't stop them selling it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts