Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a collapsible spare wheel for my Q5 but once the tyre has been inflated for use can it be easily deflated for reuse
or can it be only used the once?

·
Banned
801 Posts
Not in the UK its not. I rang 3 Audi dealers when I realised my mistake. 2 said it couldn't be done even though I sent them the link to threads on the internet where people had done it. Another quoted me £1200!
Of course it can be used many times
Simply blow out tires after use and again later, you can use

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had it is not that easy to get it back to collapsed state after inflating and using it.... A friend had to go to the workshop to suck the air out ...

Since it does not happen often, it is better anyway to have a spare like this rather than nothing!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've changed many wheels on may cars over the years but I have wondered a few times over the past two years about just how difficult it would be. I know heres a device in there somewhere to inflate this wheel and I keep meaning to get it all out and put it together.

The other thing I wondered was, if I got a puncture and it was a 'slow' puncture would the inflating device inflate the punctured tyre?

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
The other thing I wondered was, if I got a puncture and it was a 'slow' puncture would the inflating device inflate the punctured tyre?
I don't have a spare, but even if I did my first option would be to try and inflate the tyre and drive slowly to the nearest repair centre. This should work for a typcical puncture e.g. a nail, provided you do not remove the nail. Never drive on a flat tyre, or you risk wrecking it and the wheel.

Sods law is; you never get a puncture other than on a cold wet night when you are dressed up and in a hurry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts