Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to set the windows to roll up and the sunroof to close simply by pushing lock on the keyfob?

·
Banned
842 Posts
You can enable it via VAG com I think. You need the cable and the laptop software there's a video on here somewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe my dealer set it up. But my windows close if I keep the lock tab down on my key. They close after the wing mirrors have folded in. I don't have a sun roof so cant comment on that point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Should be a already available... Go to

Car - Settings
Windows (bottom of list - off screan) - Convience Open

Set Front and/or Rear to On.

To open when the car is locked just keep pressing thge open botton.
To close just keep pressing the lock botton.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't seem to have those settings. Do I need to have the software updated? I have a 2009.

·
Banned
801 Posts
G

·
Is it possible to built in any vehicle or 4 wheeler or we can do in some specific vehicles only in which specific parts required for it is already there?

·
Registered
578 Posts
joshuatim11 strikes again! Noboby understands what the heck he is on about in any of these threads!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Don't think there's an option in the menu on the Mk2 Q5 to close the windows when the locks are activated. The only method I'm aware of is the long press of the key fob locking button.

·
Banned
323 Posts
Don't think there's an option in the menu on the Mk2 Q5 to close the windows when the locks are activated. The only method I'm aware of is the long press of the key fob locking button.
Yes, agreed! Becoming an industry standard.

Reactions: Justanhonestman

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yep - if the window is open when you are out of the car and you are locking it, just keep pressing the lock button on the keyfob till the window is fully closed. Even if you don’t see the window open till after you have locked the car and walked away, it will still close with a long press on the keyfob. I would rather the windows close when the car was locked, but I suppose there is some reason for being set up like it is.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi zebbydog - good point but I would have preferred an option in the cars menus where you could have auto window raise active or not. If you are closing the windows with the long press on the keyfob, the window stops closing if you stop pressing the fob. Never mind, that’s something else I’ve found out about the car lol. Cheers

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,867 Posts
On my MK1 SQ5 there are 2 ways to close windows and sunroof.

1. Hold lock on the keyfob.
2. If you have keyless, keep your finger on the door handle.

I think both work in reverse to open all windows (not sure about sunroof). Will test later.

Reactions: Justanhonestman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts