Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just a question
Is there an option in the q5 that allows u to turn on the cold a/c or the hot one according to the weather just by unlocking the car ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
For this to work the car would have to be capable of remote engine start. Since the Q5 is not capable of remote engine start then it can't be done. It may be possible to get remote start fitted to the car by a third party installer. However most of the questions you ask could easily be answered by your local dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and btw how does the security system work ?
I tried locking myself in the car and pressed some buttons but no alarm ?!??!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The workings of the security system are fully described in your handbook. The system fitted may vary from territory to territory so reading your handbook or asking your dealer is the best way to know what you have fitted. If your dealer told you he can enable remote start on your car this will not be possible without aftermarket intervention. This may require the fitting of non Audi parts into your car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can do it but only because I ordered the preheating/cooling option (1460€); depending on the actual inside temperature the car will start heating or cooling in order to achieve the set temperature (like 21°C).
this works through a separate system, the engine does not start

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can do it but only because I ordered the preheating/cooling option (1460€); depending on the actual inside temperature the car will start heating or cooling in order to achieve the set temperature (like 21°C).
Sorry but not exist preheating / cooling. There is only Auxiliary heating / ventilation

·
Registered
289 Posts
I didn't realise that this option even existed - thanks. Does anybody know if this is a diesel only option? In any event I'd bet that retro-fitting would be expensive.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I can't find this option on the UK web site. Perhaps it's territory specific.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It is diesel only as the heater burns diesel - pretty much all car manufacturers use Webasto (not sure on the Q5?).
It is territory specific - you would normally only find it in colder places than the UK.
More info here... http://www.webasto.c...er/service/faq/

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh I hate diesel engine cars
What about the remote control feature forb the search adjustment how does it work it's not accurately stated in the handbook.
Oh and another thing why do the windshield wipers set on auto do not act quickly when water hits sometimes I have to move it back and release to make it start :s

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh I hate diesel engine cars
What about the remote control feature forb the search adjustment how does it work it's not accurately stated in the handbook.
Oh and another thing why do the windshield wipers set on auto do not act quickly when water hits sometimes I have to move it back and release to make it start :s
Ramy - again something is being lost in translation. What do you mean by the remote control of the search function? Are you talking about the ability to download destination information to the car from the Audi Connect site? The wipers - on auto these depend on a sensor on the windscreen it needs to detect a spot of water to activate the wipers. The number of spots it detects per minute then controls the wipe rate. You can also control the rate with the multi-position switch on the wiper stalk. It's not fool proof in light rain and there is often a delay. It can be adjusted by your dealer to be more sensitive up to a point. Also if you had the MMI display you can access a menu that allows for a degree of user adjustment. Just ask about it at your next service.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the option posted by Audibob, auxiliary heating/ventilation
(I am Dutch speaking, so might mistaken sometimes on how things are called in English)

Anyhow, that heating/ventilation system (with remote control) works very well; my car was delivered when it was still freezing in the morning and with the remote control I turned on the system so by the time (30 minutes later) I got in the car it was deiced and nicely warm.
(I first set it on 15 minutes but that was just enough to deice, not to heat the interior)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ramy, regarding the seats, there is a memory function. Once you have set the seat how you like it (assuming you have memory seats) then every time you get into the car using your key the car will set your seat (and several other things like the aircon) to your settings (well really it is the settings associated with your key). If your partner also drives the car and uses the other key as their car key then when they get into the car (again you need memory seats for this to work) the car will set the seat to their preferred position. Regarding the parking brake I don't know if there is an auto on function on some models. I always apply mine manually and check it before thinking about getting out of the car and I'd advise you to do the same. Your dealer really should have taken you through all of the functions of your car carefully during the handover. If this did not happen perhaps you should complain to Audi. Can I ask are you the first owner of the car or was it owned by somebody else before you purchased it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
So is the car a grey market import then? It will make it easier for members to answer your questions if they know they are answering about a car originally built for the US market.

·
Registered
40 Posts
And there should be the feature where the parking brave automatically generates when u recover your seat belts
The hill hold assist acts like an automatic hand brake. When the car is then put into P and the seatbelt removed it moves from HHA then to the hand brake, and if you have the advanced key it will switch the engine off as well.. This setting is remembered on your key to. It used to be that every time you started the car you had to re apply HHA but its all done automaticity now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts