Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4000 miles now covered in the SQ5 and the black / silver fine nappa leather seats could do with a good clean as a bit of "blue-jean-fade" seems to have set in - especially on the silver parts.
Anyone have any tips to offer re best cleaning methods or particular car care products they would recommend for this?
Cheers.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
This has sparked my interest somewhat, so I have ordered some Dr Leather wipes for a test...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Myth buster
Many leather products market themselves on how they feed leather. In fact your car's leather seats are first coated with a very fine emulsion to give them the desired colour and then a clear coat. So for best longevity you should be keeping that coating as well protected as possible which is exactly what L1 does. These same companies would also have you believe you should feed your car's acrylic or polyester urethane paint finish with olive, cantaloupe, sunflower and coconut oils...!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very true and fair comment (taken from their web site), however it doesn't take much to damage the clear coat (unless you're going to look at your seat rather than sit in it). Seems quite a following for Liquid Leather cleaner followed by L1 on detailing world. But that said, seems a lot of people ditching both for Dr Leather products.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gliptone do have a specific dye transfer product, however I have never used it:

GT14 Safety Solvent Cleaner.
Dye transfer cleaning, transfer from clothing and cushions, car and furniture leather as above.

Use GT14 Safety Solvent Cleaner. This is a low odour mild solvent that will remove dye transfer with little effort especially when newly transferred, it will not damage the leather's protective sealant nor remove colour, it will also remove fresh ink, grease and oil marks, excellent for grease marks on motor cycle leathers.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what's L1? Thanks ... 😳

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks Carrot :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts