Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Ibis white S-Line SE yesterday afternoon, I'm off for a drive right now!

Post pics and first thoughts when the fuel tank's empty!

Hoggy

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hoggy, have you not run out of fuel yet?

How's it going?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoggy, have you not run out of fuel yet?

How's it going?
Well after a weekend driving all I can say is the car exceeds all expectations, very comfortable ride even with 20" wheels. I spent a good few hours yesterday polishing the alloys with Poorboys Rim wax, hopefully it will pay off!

Driving position
Performance - adequate but coming from a TT it was always going to be like driving through treacle
S-Tronic gearbox (no flat spot on take off as yet)
B&O (Fantastic sound, (even my Son 18 and big music fan gave it the big thumbs up)
DAB Radio (Should be Standard)
Fuel Consumption 40+ very easily
Large wing mirrors

Dislikes:
DIS display a bit blurred? (Not sure if anyone else has this but not as clear as central screen)

Problems:

Fine Nappa and Tire Pressure Monitor not fitted by factory! (Not sure how to handle this one as I really wanted the Nappa Leather option.
Front Bumper to wing panel fit a but suspect (not many would notice but I am a bit anal about these things)

I'll try and get some photos this week.

Hoggy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well after a weekend driving all I can say is the car exceeds all expectations, very comfortable ride even with 20" wheels. I spent a good few hours yesterday polishing the alloys with Poorboys Rim wax, hopefully it will pay off!

Driving position
Performance - adequate but coming from a TT it was always going to be like driving through treacle
S-Tronic gearbox (no flat spot on take off as yet)
B&O (Fantastic sound, (even my Son 18 and big music fan gave it the big thumbs up)
DAB Radio (Should be Standard)
Fuel Consumption 40+ very easily
Large wing mirrors

Dislikes:
DIS display a bit blurred? (Not sure if anyone else has this but not as clear as central screen)

Problems:

Fine Nappa and Tire Pressure Monitor not fitted by factory! (Not sure how to handle this one as I really wanted the Nappa Leather option.
Front Bumper to wing panel fit a but suspect (not many would notice but I am a bit anal about these things)

I'll try and get some photos this week.

Hoggy
better check my TPM tonight! Put about 200-240miles on my since picking it up Friday

Got ADS - VERY comfortable on the motorway in comfort mode; passengers commented it was like being in a limo - changed to dynamic for a country road i knew quite well to see if I could get them moaning again ;-)

Got the 3.0l and no probs re: delays on throttle response or jerkiness some have reported

Having some issues figuring out where to position myself drive wise sure I will get them in the end also loving the sound system and big wing mirrors

Reversing camera is useful as I am paranoid about scuffing those 20" rims

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
better check my TPM tonight! Put about 200-240miles on my since picking it up Friday

Got ADS - VERY comfortable on the motorway in comfort mode; passengers commented it was like being in a limo - changed to dynamic for a country road i knew quite well to see if I could get them moaning again ;-)

Got the 3.0l and no probs re: delays on throttle response or jerkiness some have reported

Having some issues figuring out where to position myself drive wise sure I will get them in the end also loving the sound system and big wing mirrors

Reversing camera is useful as I am paranoid about scuffing those 20" rims
I agree with paranoia with the wheels, I took out the Alloy Wheel Insurance for when the misses drives

I'm going to scuff them now I said that!

·
Registered
963 Posts
How the hell can the factory cock up putting the wrong leather in your car

Not like it's a small cheap item.

I've never heard of so many orders not arriving as ordered with any other manufacturer. Even
LR could manage that. I thought German manufacturers were supposed to be good.

If it was me I'd be having the correct leather seats sent over pdq.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well the Dealer needs to get it sorted at their expense.

Just been told mine is definately being built this week
Delivery by end of October

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the Dealer needs to get it sorted at their expense.

Just been told mine is definately being built this week
Delivery by end of October
I agree! I remember that 'build date to delivery time', it did drag a bit but well worth it - if you get what you ordered IYKWIM

·
Registered
963 Posts
It's only dragging because it's now nearly 5 months of cycling 60 miles a week lol! Two steep climbs a day is burning the calories fast.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Is the Dealer going to sort your seats out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts