Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried my best to buy a car from these guys. Sadly my enthusiasm wasn't matched by their sales staff. I phoned, twice, and even went there in person. Not a single call back.

If they can't be bothered to try and sell me a car, I'm certainly never spending my hard-earned there. I'll take my new purchase to Harold Wood Audi for it's servicing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi elrobertos, I total agree with you, having been there twice myself. Gave my contact details twice, explained what spec of Q5 i was interested in......but nothing. The sales staff lack interest or motivation and definitely didn't have any customer services skills. So I took my money elsewhere, where they tripped over themselves to assist to my every (car) need. Really disappointing service for Chingford audi dealers.

·
Banned
842 Posts
How poor when you are trying to spend circa £40,000 with them!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not surprised to hear your comments about this dealership. Visited there late last year and spec'd up a Q5 and talked about a discount. They said max would be £1500 but maybe £2000 but they gave the impression they were doing me a favor selling me a car. Went to Harold Wood and doubled the discount and got a much warmer service. Due to pick car up in March. Interested to know how many new owners take out a 4/5 year warranty from beginning of ownership as perhaps cheaper the earlier you do it??

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use Chingford Audi and have found their servicing dept. very good (I have an A5 Sportback and am considering an SQ5).

When I bought my A5 from Chingford the sales guy I dealt with was keen and gave me decent trade-in/discount. He has since moved on and so I'll be seeing how much they want my business in the next year as my A5 will be replaced around Q2 2014.

Will have to check out Harold Wood as a comparison.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Chingford Audi doing an incentive deal with Costco? Always a white model on the entrance. Don't know what they are like? Was thinking of taking the discounted services? In the end took the 3 to 5 year service offer from Audi? Just given them feedback on my experience so far! Rubbish! Delivered to Audi WHETSTONE, service reception greeting was derisory to say the most? No call back to collect, no offer of transport? Forgot Good Friday service closed! No car for today, hope to collect tomorrow? All in all rubbish! Made enquiry with them before I got the Q5 about an A4 allroad, demonstrator was in for repair? No follow up, no contact. Went with the Q5 from Southampton in the end, better sales service, servicing was also pants? Left out securing screws, overfilled the oil. What else who knows. No trust.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Chingford Audi doing an incentive deal with Costco? Always a white model on the entrance. Don't know what they are like? Was thinking of taking the discounted services? In the end took the 3 to 5 year service offer from Audi? Just given them feedback on my experience so far! Rubbish! Delivered to Audi WHETSTONE, service reception greeting was derisory to say the most? No call back to collect, no offer of transport? Forgot Good Friday service closed! No car for today, hope to collect tomorrow? All in all rubbish! Made enquiry with them before I got the Q5 about an A4 allroad, demonstrator was in for repair? No follow up, no contact. Went with the Q5 from Southampton in the end, better sales service, servicing was also pants? Left out securing screws, overfilled the oil. What else who knows. No trust.
wow that is one seriously poor service,I've never had a bad dealer experience yet,may b I've been lucky,I've always used bexley Audi í ½í¸„

·
Banned
25 Posts
Waited today to see if anyone would call? Phoned them through after 12 o'clock, told all lines to service were busy, asked for my land line and they would call back. Finally called, car is ready! Wow! Why no call to update on Thursday? Person dealing with the car wasn't working today! Closing at 2pm. On collecting the car, sole person on service desk was sorry, but no explanation, person from Thursday was off Saturdays.
Afraid I only use them as they are local. May try Chelmsford on the next inspection service? Now done 36k miles and no change for an air filter on any services, I was asked this time if I wanted the pollen filter changed for some dreadful charge and a bfc. All done before? Intend to dismantle all the induction and filter assembly tomorrow and see if they even cleaned it out? Had to change a wheel at 25k they were seized to the hubs. 2lb hammer to loose them all. I do love the Q5, but with everything now, just get taken for granted. It doesn't happen in Germany!

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/audi-difference.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts